Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I finally got my 2nd set of winter wheels and tires this past November. I just got a chance to take them off and put my summer set back on. Only thing is I never marked them when I took them off so I didn't know which tire went where. Would it hurt anything if I accidentally put one of my driver side tires on the passenger side or the other way around? I know the manual says to rotate back to front not the x pattern.. but they aren't directional tires (original Dunlop summer sports) like my winter set (Michelin x- ice). They didn't seem to be noisy while driving or steering differently that I noticed. Could this screw up my AWD system or transmission or have any negative affect? Thanks in advice

·
Super Moderator
11,562 Posts
Yep, going to blow the car up.

Or not.

As long as the tread depth is the same and the wear is even you should be fine. I'm pretty sure those tires are directional though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn good thing I kept my son out of the car on the first drive lol.

All the tread was worn pretty even.. outside of tires worn a little more than the insides. As far as directional there isn't any arrow on the outside like my winter...?

·
Æternum
15,953 Posts
If the tires aren't directional then you can go:

F:R
L:R

You could even do the X pattern as long as the same pair of tires stay opposed on an axle.

The manual says not to swap sides because OEM tires are directional.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may be mistaken. What exact tires are they
If the tires aren't directional then you can go:

F:R
L:R

You could even do the X pattern as long as the same pair of tires stay opposed on an axle.

The manual says not to swap sides because OEM tires are directional.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Oem tires are Dunolp summer sport max rt. Only thing on the tire I can see is they all say mount "Outside" nothing about directional. Doesn't that mean they should be able to go on any side rear or front?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts