Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys. Had my WRX for about a month now and I know I committed a sin but I didn't check the tire pressure for about the first 2 weeks. When I did it was at 45lbs up front and 42 in the rear. I moved it back to factory 32f 29r and and I'm not sure if I like it. What is yalls take on best pressure for everyday driving with a few sharp turns thrown in a day?

· Registered
768 Posts
Yep factory spec. You'll get used to it.

· Premium Member
646 Posts
Tires are extensively tested during development of a new model, specifically in conjunction with the entire suspension system, all safety systems, and so much more. Other than professional racers who have specific tire pressure expertise, I am a believe that the rest of us should start with the factory door-jamb-recommended pressures, and only then should we slowly adjust/.measure/evaluate how the changed pressures work or do not work for us, then leave them at a new/best level.

In summary, I have stuck with the OEM recomemended tire pressures and found them to work best on my 2017 WRX.

· Water.....sometimes waves
2,183 Posts
I notice a difference from the 32 they were at.......but not 'concrete wheels' difference. The dang car is so stiff as it is, the change in ride is there but minor.

I really like the way the higher pressure makes the car feel in the corners. Noticeably less 'give' from the sidewalls.

· Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
30,460 Posts
Ideally one would use the shoe polish method and/or get before/after pressure Δ measurements.

Subaru specifies (I think?) 220kPa front for the bugeye but I run as high as 260kPa and like it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.