ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep throwing a Tire Pressure light on my dash. I test (and fill my tires if needed) every time the light goes on, it goes off, then like clockwork 2 days later the light comes back on. I know the cold weather can mess with tire pressure but this seems like something is wrong. Anyone got any insight? Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i HATE the new TPMS systems, such a waste. if you cant tell your trire is low you shouldnt be beind the wheel. (end rant)

it is most likely the wether being that your in NY... when the light come on and you check the pressure how low is it?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i HATE the new TPMS systems, such a waste. if you cant tell your trire is low you shouldnt be beind the wheel. (end rant)

it is most likely the wether being that your in NY... when the light come on and you check the pressure how low is it?
I hear you. I'm pretty sure I can tell whether or not my pressure is low.

Some times the pressure is spot on other times it's a point or lower and a few times its been above :confused:

·
Registered
34 Posts
sorry for the confusion, i wasnt bashing you in any way, i just dont agree with the system. how many psi over or under?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are your tire pressures set at?

Have you been to the dealer?
tire pressures is 33 in the front 32 in the back I believe. And no I haven't been to the dealership, its about 25 minutes away just have not gotten a chance to drive out there. I have some cousins who own a big tire business minutes away and I was thinking about going to see them first.

·
Registered
34 Posts
is it always the same sensor? could be faulty, i believe that there is a +/- 3-5psi buffer zone...

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Its due to the weather. After you drive it should get to the correct PSI. I havent had an issue w/ mine even after changing my tires to snow tires.

Should be fun when i switch to aftermarket rims. ugh.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry for the confusion, i wasnt bashing you in any way, i just dont agree with the system. how many psi over or under?
no need for the apology I didn't think you were bashing. I guess I was agreeing that the system is flawed. Its not like you get a digital readout of the pressure (like say a Jeep).

sometimes I'm at 31 other times I'm at 34. But when the light comes on I'm rarely on the number (33 or 32)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Like drifting said, there should be a +- 3 to 5 psi gap where the light doesn't go off. the weather can throw them off and if you don't check till you've driven for a while the tires may heat up and fix the pressure themselves. Not sure about subaru's, but many tpms systems can be retrained or reset, and some need to be after getting new tires. O and get used to this... all cars are supposed to have tpms by i think 2010.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
The only times I've had a problem with a tire losing air is if 1) there's something stuck in the valve like a little pebble or 2) if there's a leak in the tire. Otherwise, your tires should hold air pretty much forever.

TPMS are just a pain in the @$$. If you pay attention to your tires, you should be able to tell just by looking at them if they're low or not.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
I just put aftermarket rims on my car and I did *NOT* switch the TPMS valves onto the new rims and my light has *NOT* gone off. Good thing, that would be annoying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts