ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday night I was going home and I got a flat tire. Thought it could be fixed until the next day when there was light I found out its not repairable. So here I knew I needed a new tire or possibly 2, but the tire place said I have a good amount of tread left on the others that a new one wouldn't mess up anything.

So I look on the internet and around the local area here, and find that this one tire is going to cost me an arm and a leg, roughly $200 dollars installed is the best I could find. (BTW its the stock tire) So I was thinking on just purchasing the Falken Ziex Ze-512 225/55/16. I found them shipped for $318.68, but also will need them mounted and balanced and that shouldn't cost a $100.

So the question is, should I just buy the one crappy stock tire or go all out and get some brand new ones like the ones I mentioned above. I'm leaning towards the second choice. Also I'm purchasing a new set of rims/tires after the winter, probably in March. So the Falkens would be good snow tires too rather then the stockers. Give me your opinions.

Thanks
JD

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
you and me both, brother.
I had a blowout on the sidewall yesterday. I've been shopping around. For one, I'm just going with the Goodyear Eagle RSA. it's fairly inexpensive (100 all said and done)
most importantly, look for a SIMILAR tread patern!

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Another option -you should be able to find used RE's all over the place. Check the Private for sale here and nasioc- also put a ad in the private wanted.

Ofcourse the RE's are the best tire to come down the pike.

Big Sky

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Sky WRX said:
Another option -you should be able to find used RE's all over the place. Check the Private for sale here and nasioc- also put a ad in the private wanted.

Ofcourse the RE's are the best tire to come down the pike.

Big Sky
WRXout hooked me up with a pair!!!
thanks

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
02bug'n said:
So I look on the internet and around the local area here, and find that this one tire is going to cost me an arm and a leg, roughly $200 dollars installed is the best I could find. (BTW its the stock tire)
In the past, I've seen a set of 4 OEM tires typically go for $200 here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts