Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you can do me a favor and post what size of wheel and tire package you are riding on? Also what do you recommend for suspension upgrade? I had Skunk2 coilovers on my civic, but I think maybe a good set of struts and some coilovers will do for the new car. Then again I am not yet familiar with the car that is why I am asking all of you. Thanks in advance.

Randall

·
Registered
620 Posts
Honestly that depends. I prefer going with Eibach's as far as springs go. I roll on 17" wrapped in Kumho rubber... grips the road great but sadly don't go too fast when it's raining unless your good at drifting :D.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Randall,

I'm running 17" Rota Tarmacs with some Falken Azenis's.
(Summer).

17" TMW's with some Blizzaks (LM-22) (Winter)

Suspension: Depends on how much you want to spend. Coil-Overs are always nice. Check out some Tein's, Cusco, or DMS's.

OR: a set of Springs and some struts by Koni or KYB.

Solid end links, Front/Rear strut Bars (mostly looks), Rear adjustable sway bar.

Todd

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have Whiteline Springs (one of my first mods). Stock struts. I really need to switch over to some coil-overs or a set of KYB's soon. Not sure how long the struts can hold on. Front and rear strut bars (Cusco), rear adjustable strut bar (Cusco), Solid end links (vivid)(I liked the color, matched Cusco), and Whiteline Diff locks.

Stopping added by Wilwood 6-pots (front) and 4-pots (rear).

Todd

·
Registered
444 Posts
Randall, if you read around in the Suspension & Handling forum, most say that coilovers are overkill unless you need to switch rideheights for say winter snow and summer or auto-x and track a bit. But if you have the money, go for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts