Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I know it sounds bad, but I was only able to get one of these suckers, the one thats right near the bumper passenger side. I tried for the life of me to get the bolt off on the driver side but it looked like it was welded on or something. and then the other one on the axel back I almost got on but I could not get it on the hook coming from the car.

So I need any tips you might have to make this process easier on me and my arms.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Okay, for the bolt that looks welded on. It is, in fact, welded on. So if you're looking at the drivers side from the rear of the car, the INSIDE part of the bolt is where you loosen it from. Do that to get that hanger off. FOr the other side, use WD-40 to lube them up before they go on. Then wipe the hell out of them after you get them on.

If this doesn't help, I'm not understanding exactly what your problem is...

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
You are talking about the stock rubber hangers? Correct? They will slide right off like butter with a very good dousing of WD-40. And if you have trouble with the stock hangers, don't go with any Kartboy hangers anytime soon. Even with WD-40, those things will barely go on. Trust me on this one.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is not really a problem getting the stock ones off or those back on again. I have the STI exhaust hangers that are being a bit of a pain to put on. They are pretty much just like the kartboy ones, maybe a little softer. But I will try the WD-40 to help put them on and see how that goes.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Silicone lube, heat up a bit (hair dryer?) to make them more pliable and PRY! :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
I feel ya I couldn't get a hanger off once. I think it was the one right before the two exhaust hangers. Man I tried every damn thing WD-40, Butter, Dish Washing Soap, Water, and even Spit, s#!t I even tried to heat it up with a lighter to get it off. After and hour an a half I got pissed off and went inside I told my brother and he went out side and slide it off in about 20 second. So after chasing him around the house for 30 more min trying to kill him. I got winded and gave up Anyway I know this doesn't help you any bit but I figured it to be good reading while you regroup and try again

Good Luck
FF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts