ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im looking to get my windows tinted and I have question.

Do they tint the rear of the rex in one piece or strips?

im thinking about a diy kit i picked one up for $25 on ebay and i figure if i mess up its cheap so why not

any suggestions

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's one piece. I'd suggest getting it done professionally. No way you'll be able to get your cheap quality ebay tint to not bubble, crack, turn purple, yada yada. Whatever. I'd get it done professionally.

·
Registered
897 Posts
It's one piece. I'd suggest getting it done professionally. No way you'll be able to get your cheap quality ebay tint to not bubble, crack, turn purple, yada yada. Whatever. I'd get it done professionally.
I work at a shop that tints windows, and just for fun I decided to tint mine with the walmart tint. I've never been happier!:rotfl: It looks almost identical to the tint that my shop puts on, and I have never had a problem with cracking, bubbles, color change, etc. The best part is that this all cost me about 20 bucks!:thumbup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Coming from someone who works at a tint shop, you may have a bit more knowledge/experience with it. Most people couldn't get the same results as you. I still be the quality isn't as good, but that's awesome nonetheless.

·
Registered
905 Posts
+1. i was watching the guy tint my windows, and i wouldnt have been able to replicate the quality that experience provides. not to mention i dont have a heat gun, a printer looking thing that cut the tint pieces to the right size, the same kind of glue, or even the patience required to attempt such a feat.

and yeah, the back window is one piece. watched the guy get it measured and trimmed by laying it on the outside of the window, then cooked it with the heat gun. i guess that takes care of the potential bubbling the defrost wires might make.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Coming from someone who works at a tint shop, you may have a bit more knowledge/experience with it. Most people couldn't get the same results as you. I still be the quality isn't as good, but that's awesome nonetheless.
Yeah that is probably right, but nonetheless, you need to be patient with it, if you try to rush things, bad stuff is bound to happen!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts