ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys recommend I do to tint the taillights on my car. I dont want to use a spray paint style tint. Let me know what has worked best for you guys. I just want to hide the clear as much as possible. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
google blue bat mobile overlays.

Lot's of members use his overlays. They're really nice and affordable too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Are you wanting to smoke your taillights or got with a red tint? Either way would be some sort of vinyl or window tint if you want to stay paintless.

Later, Doug

·
Registered
169 Posts
Would people be willing to post pictures of their tails? I know I want to do something to mine, but I haven't decided what look I want to end up with. I'll probably get it done professionally, though. I have a 2012 DGM hatch.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks guys, tinted clear coat from a local custom shop. Little more $ than overlays but hopefully will stay nice longer.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I went to a local tint shop to get mine done. I've got the red w/ reverse and turn signal cutout. I don't know what the guy used on it originally (Laminex? I think...) but it did not work very well. I guess it wasn't sticky enough or conformed to the shape poorly (too thick) so it would peel off and once it rained that was that. I took it back to them and he swapped it with a stickier vinyl and it was a little thinner so the red popped a little more too. Looks great and no problems since then. As an afterthought he said the original stuff he tried used to have adhesive by 3M, but they changed it to be cheaper and could maybe explain my problems with it. I can post pics too if desired :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
i noticed none of you guys have borders for your license plates. any reason for that? Im planning on putting a thin black border for mine

1 - 18 of 18 Posts