Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, is there anyway to tint the headlights on a stock WRX?? Is there some sort of spray that will tint them and stay on? I dont want them completelly black, just a little darker.

-Bobby D

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
You can buy the spray tint for lens. Your local riceboy shop may have it.

Though you do realize, the darker you go, the crappier your headlight output will be (since you're blocking light)

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Here's a pic of one that I think is nicely done. As you can see, Greg left the silver/reflector part unpainted so that the light will reflect properly. He did not tint the glass, but rather sray painted the housing from the inside. It's a really nice look.

·
Registered
104 Posts
this guy in houston with an s2000, he just used window tint and tinted his headlights, they look bad ass. the light is not dimmed or anything, I guess cause he has HID. http://www.redlnr.com/

its easy for him to just peel the tint off whenever he goes and gets an inspection sticker.

you've seen mudstangs and camaros with the GTO headlight covers on, those decrease the output of the light alot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow that's a badass car actually!

You got anymore pics of it :)?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Damn Will, that's pretty nice. I've never seen this guy around town.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I can't see Greg's picture in WRXin's post. I am interested in doing the Koji headlight mod and spray tinting the inside of my headlights a slight bit. Let me know if anyone has done this!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
-[ H ]- said:
Did he happen to get 15 feet closer to the car? :D Doesn't look tinted from that distance. Thanks for the pic!
Oh it's not tinted...it's painted black from the inside so that it gets that tinted look. I saw his car at a local car show today, and he has the JDM headlights on there now. His car is hella nice :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
You know you can get the paint at you local hobby shop
Its called Lexon Paint For RC car bodys
Use this and spray the inside of the head/ Tail Light works great
And You decide what tint you want
let me know if you have and ? on it

Peace cool:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Lexan Paint is great but its a ***** if you want to take it off.

use the transparent or candy colors, they are more opaque then the others. if you are using the spray cans.

if you use a airbrush, you can get any color, since you can adjust how think and thin you spray.

the aerosol spray cans spray out thick coats.

·
Registered
47 Posts
TeamShiftPoint said:
this guy in houston with an s2000, he just used window tint and tinted his headlights, they look bad ass. the light is not dimmed or anything, I guess cause he has HID. http://www.redlnr.com/

its easy for him to just peel the tint off whenever he goes and gets an inspection sticker.

you've seen mudstangs and camaros with the GTO headlight covers on, those decrease the output of the light alot.
Wrong. Tint is a filter. I dont care if the sun is behind it, it will reduce the light output. You cant change that. HID doesnt change that. its tint...a filter....it makes it darker.

Thanks.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Samirr76 said:
Wrong. Tint is a filter. I dont care if the sun is behind it, it will reduce the light output. You cant change that. HID doesnt change that. its tint...a filter....it makes it darker.

Thanks.

I think what he means is that it's not too noticible of a drop in light output..

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey! That's Wes's S2K!!!!

he hangs out in the s2ki board!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts