ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I want to get my Rex's windows tinted pretty soon. Any have advice as to which shop to use? I prefer to stay on the eastside, but Seattle is ok too.

Also, I am thinking that I will just stay legal and get 30% is it? What did you guys go with?

Thanks-
Karl

·
Registered
427 Posts
I highly recomend Jays window tinting in Kirkland up in Totem lake, he did my car and did an awesome job. Give him a call and tell him Ivan with the Blue WRX sent you 4258255560

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Just called Jay's and am getting them done next Monday! He said they have a special right now for $199, and I told him that you sent me.

Thanks!

Karl

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you're willing to drive to Olympia, Car Crazy Window Tinting, 421 4th Ave. E, 360-352-4264 will do 20% all around for around $170. He's done all six of my last cars. No problems with this dark of tint and cops. Cops only comment when you have other things going wrong with you. If you've ever had or seen the back window of a third generation RX7, you'll know that if this guy can do it, he can do any car.

Chris

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Came out good

As far as I can tell, it came out really nice. Only took a few hours- and the stuff has a lifetime warranty with it too.

I will try to get some pics to post- I got 35% all around (not front).

Karl

·
Registered
371 Posts
Refresh my memory - does 35% mean that 35% of the light is blocked, or 35% of the light is allowed through?

rx4pain - that $170 seems like a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would have to say that it means 35% light is allowed in....because the lower the number the darker it is. So if only 20% is allowed in, then the tint is darker. And if you get like 50%, it allows a lot of light in.

Karl

·
Registered
427 Posts
I agree amount of light it lets in. Austin my car has 35% tint and I think thats dark enough, the police guage it by holding your drivers license up to the window, if they can see it your OK.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks guys:) Ivan - I'll have to pay special attention next time I see your car, but I'm thinking around 30% will be good for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts