Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in VA own a rex with window tint?

I'm getting some and trying to decide how dark to go. The law here is a bogus 50% front, 35% rear. I'm thinking either 35% front, 20% rear, or 35 all around. The guy at the shop assures me I will get a ticket, but I think he might just be covering his ass. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Note: Due to the black interior, whatever you put on there will look darker than on some other cars. I have 20% on the back windows... we aren't allowed to tint the front doors at all here in Cali. and I don't want to give anyone a REASON to pull me over :)

But.. the 20% in the back looks very dark. You might be just fine with 35%, and still legal too ;) I'd be a happy camper with 50% in the front..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dunno, 50% front almost seems like a waste of time and money. On the demo pieces I looked at I can hardly tell it's even there. But then again I was comparing to 20% against a white background.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't like how cars look with mixed and matched tints. I say unless law prohibits any tints on front windows, to get the exact same all the way around. my 35% is subtle but it looks really good, especially with the dark interior.

Craig

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
I'd go with the same all the way around too... I don't know how dark mine are cause the tint was already on there when I got the car, but I like it. My tinting is really reflective, if you look at it straight on you can't see anything but the sky above, but if you walk up to the window and look down into the car it's not so dark.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Prophet

I am looking at getting 35% all around. Do you know any good place to get it done? I know a place where my brother got it done is good but they are in Prince Fredrick, MD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts