ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys... I recently had my cam belt changed, but when doing it we noticed that one side was out by 1 tooth, so I spoke to a few mechanics and they all said put it back the way it should be with all the marks lined up. But now I'm have having problems with my mapping and can get the car above 300HP again???

So my question is.... Is it possible that any of the pulleys have slipped or moved to make it look like the timing was out, and actually we've put the timing out by lining it all up again????

Oh and bout a year ago when I got the car the the auxiliary belt pulley failed when the inner part came away from the outer part and it slid against the timing belt cover... If that helps???

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,217 Posts
The pulleys are not marked. Sprockets are marked. There are five sprockets. Two intake cam, two exhaust cam, and one crank. Each of these is indexed so you can instal them only one way - correctly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh sorry Sprockets lol!!!! yeh thats what I thought... Is the Crankshaft sprocket on a keyway, and if so do they ever wear out or become loose???

·
29,217 Posts
The crank sprocket is on an elevated ridge; I don't know if that is what a "keyway" is. Mine has never come loose.

·
29,217 Posts
They too are indexed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts