ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 02 subaru impreza wrx 4 door, it has 120k on it, I was wondering what all I should replace when I do the timing belt and water pump, I was thinking camshaft and crankshaft seals, all new belts, tensioner idler pulleys, and radiator hoses. Anything else you guys would recommend? I'm new to the Subaru world so i need all the help I can get.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,224 Posts
The thermostat is coming out anyway. Get an authentic Subaru thermostat, authentic Subaru thermostat housing gasket and water pump gasket, check to see whether the replacement pulleys are all the same width as the old ones and if not get the correct bolt for one of them, use authentic Subaru coolant.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,224 Posts
Buy extra camshaft and crank seals.

I find it remarkable your radiator doesn't leak. Make sure it doesn't. At those miles I've gone through three of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buy extra camshaft and crank seals.

I find it remarkable your radiator doesn't leak. Make sure it doesn't. At those miles I've gone through three of them.
Most of the stuff on this car is aftermarket and stage 2, I it has a radiator cover so i wouldnt be surprised if it was a aftermarket one, its a skinny aluminum one, im guessing its after market

1 - 5 of 5 Posts