ClubWRX Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
I try and stay on top of my investments and I try to understand reasoning behind decisions made with my money that are above my head. All I know for certain is most of the investors I talk to tell me I need millions.

To be completely honest. Most of it wouldn't be for me anyway. It would be for whoever is my next of kin at the time and that would probably be my old lady. If I live to 67 I will have outlived a good majority of my family.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Zax,

Yes,

The Dow was at ~1,000 points in 1975. I haven't looked today, but it was ~24,150ish.

The dollars that I invested in the early 1980s have taken those rides (2000 was double ugly).

·
Æternum
20,380 Posts
Agreed. Yes, we are now completely on the same page.

I would like to point out that the relative market value for certain things has significantly increased in 35 years
Healthcare
Housing
Education

No telling what mainstream items will become significantly more valuable in the next 35 years.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Agreed. Yes, we are now completely on the same page.

I would like to point out that the relative market value for certain things has significantly increased in 35 years
Healthcare
Housing
Education

No telling what mainstream items will become significantly more valuable in the next 35 years.
Water is one that I keep thinking about. While I sold a good bit of my property, I did hold on to some that has a year round spring on it. I am not a prepper or anything like that. I was just thinking that a good water source may have benefits.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts