ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have owned my 02' wrx for a couple months now. After reading here and doing some of my own research I think the time has come.......

Let the games begin.... :wiggles:

I picked up an 02' style sti hood scoop and some clear side marker light dirt cheap, so this weekend I'll be painting the scoop and my side sills, and probably my mirror mounts.

I wont get into future mods with the engine and what not, but will post as they come.

I know the first mods arnt much and do noting for performance but I dont need "power" just yet, after sliding from a 91' VW GTi into the subie I'm still learning my limits and the cars limits, so more power now would just be dangerous

I'll post a bunch of pics when I get every thing done... before and after pics, if any one wants a break down on how I did any of this I can do up a toutorial (sp) as well, I know there were some questions about the mirrors a couple days ago and would be more then happy to do a step by step on how that works, just let me know.

Happy driving.......

Mikey

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
Mr.Mike said:
I know the first mods arnt much and do noting for performance but I dont need "power" just yet, after sliding from a 91' VW GTi into the subie I'm still learning my limits and the cars limits, so more power now would just be dangerous
I honestly wish more people thought the same as you. Most people don't realize how fast you can make a WRX with still the stock engine mods...just mod out the suspension and you've got a car that's fast in the straights and in the twisties. Good luck with everything and have fun! :)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
i agree w/ above..

welcome and have fun safe modding!
post some pix once you got your scoop on! :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
yeahdooood, do a step-by-stepper with pics for painting the mirrors (mostly the removal of the mirrors from the car). thanks...

_\m/

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so far so good... here are pics of before and after with side by sides of the two scoops. The sti scoop is factory but the little fins on the inside have been removed.

Mirrors may happen later in the week, i'll make sure to take step by step photos of removal.

I'm gonna hold off on the side skirts till spring I think, just too much salt and crud right now, and they are calling for more snow on monday :(

Mike

·
Registered
215 Posts
Don't forget to put some mesh over that intercooler. Mine got crushed by bugs and rocks when I switched to the STi scoop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts