ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just gotten a 2015 WRX with 55,000 miles I have had it for about 4 months. It has a tick that sounds like lifters. I am just wondering if it is normal or if I should be concerned or not.

·
11,231 Posts
Have no idea because i don't know what the sound sounds like. I've heard this description for everything from leaking exhaust headers to spun bearing.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,214 Posts
Are you sure it's not the injectors?

Can you post a good recording?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It’s the ⛽ fuel pump reservoir purging after car is off, can stay on for up to 15 min. From back half of car under fuel side

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2015 (bought it new; currently 51,000) and had the hood up the other day and noticed the same thing - I believe from the front of the engine (front leftish). As far as I've seen everything is fine and there are no issues; seems like I've heard it before; but can't remember for sure.

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
It’s the ⛽ fuel pump reservoir purging after car is off, can stay on for up to 15 min. From back half of car under fuel side
I love when people speak in absolutes based on nothing but a vague forum post. But sure... spend someone else' money :cautious:

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2015 wrx has had that loud ticking noise since I bought it brand new off the lot. I think it's the direct injection injectors or high pressure prump. Direct injection motors always seem to have that loud ticking. I wouldn't worry about it had mine for over 40k miles and running strong.

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
Nobody has time for your Instagram.

Go peddle your trash elsewhere.

·
29,214 Posts
just part of the system... nothing is wrong
Let me get this straight: You joined with a username reflecting your insta and posted nonsense in response to a legitimate user query?

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
#socialmediasuperstar

Gotta get street cred so he can land some sponsorships.

Because sponsorships no longer require actual talent.

·
29,214 Posts
Reminds me of my modeling days. Milan, Paris, New York. The makeup! The glitter! These insta people today, they aren't worthy of a quill from my feather boa.

Reactions: zax
1 - 15 of 15 Posts