Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am a new member here and I am looking for some advice. I recently purchased a 2006 STI and this started happening, I don’t know where to start. Bad exhaust/turbo gaskets, bad valves, bad injectors, bad lifters... no idea. The car feels like it’s driving fine my AFR is where it normally is, my idle is normal, it doesn’t seem to be driving funky. I am going to take it into a local shop here this week but I thought Somone with more experience here may be able to shed some light.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That’s what I thought at first but it only happens after WOT and it’s warm. On cold start there’s no weird noises.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My headers are apparently cracked at all of the slip joints, never realized this could cause such a bad noise

·
Super Moderator
10,887 Posts
My headers are apparently cracked at all of the slip joints, never realized this could cause such a bad noise
Cracked headers can make some gnarly noises. I've never heard a header leak that loud at idle before.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah im at a loss, the shop told me my headers are cracked but the noise does seem abit weird for that to Be the case and it has only gotten worse, I parked the car and I’m waiting for the headers to arrive but it honestly sounds like it’s coming from below the power steering pump and and my initial thought was that it was a pulley bearing of some sort. Maybe I should go in for a second opinion..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts