ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2011 WRX is making a light thud noise when I put it into 1st and accelerate to about 5 mph.

The noise happens in the first shift to 1st after a startup (not from red lights) and it occurs at about 2-5 mph. I am not hearing this thud noise in any other gear or at any other time. Does not seem to matter whether or not I use reverse before using first. Kinda sounds like running over a plastic cup, but unfortunately its happening every single time.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
479 Posts
+1 have it too. Other rex's I've been in had it on start up so I didn't really think too much into it but I'm curious to what it is too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know im not alone on that then, haven't had time to take it to dealer to have them hear it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I started a thread about this when I first received my 2011 WRX last November. I believe the consensus was the ABS check initializing.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have the same thing, but is it normal for it to check .. every .. single.. time.. we start off in first gear?? to me it seems unnecessary and should only happen the first time you start off until the next time you drive the car. Bringing the car in for regular service tom, will ask the guys and post here if they do anything or have anything to say about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts