Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I had my clutch replaced when Subaru rebuilt my blown motor at 72k. Now, 13k later, I have the dreaded squeaky sound when the clutch isn't pressed in. If I rev the engine a bit with the the clutch out, the noise gets louder.

What can cause premature failure of this part? I don't drive any differently than I did before everything was replaced. Not psyched about having to pay for a clutch again so soon. :eek3:

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welp, i just read a bunch of other threads where people have TOB issues. Now I am wondering if I'm going to be stuck having this problem over and over again, because they did something wrong when putting my car back together.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
My TOB made some minor noise on my 13 WRX. Frequently, it would feel like it was filled with sand when I pushed in the clutch. You can have it replaced, but chances are you will run into the same problem again. I traded up to my STI with around 23k miles and it already had these problems, which are common. I'd try to live with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue i got my clutch changed at 75k miles 2k miles later i hear a squeking when idle push in the clutch, sound disapears. i took it to my favorite shop to make sure it wasnt anything bad, they knew right away it was my TOB and said it would last me a long time are do throwout berrings go bad because of driving skills or is it just a defect in the 09-12 wrx's? any tips/tricks would help thx! also how can i prevent this from happening when i go to get my 2nd clutch job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts