ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a car im looking at is throwing 4 codes... cat code, p0301, p0303, p0304, from what i was told the 3 are miss fire codes... the car didnt pass inspection because of this, how would i fix the problem if i were to purchase the car? or is it not worth the time??

02 WRX, 76500 mi.

turbo XS utec
element tuning 18g 7cm turbo
element tuning external wastegate uppipe dumped to atmosphere
turbosmart 38mm wastegate
modded stock injectors 850's
walbro fuel pump
aps dr500 fmic with 725 piping
aps short ram intake
worx tuning ds2 bov
perrin turbo inlet hoses
turboXS downpipe / mid exhaust system prodrive ovel tip axelback system
sti clutch perrin crank pully

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Buy an unmodified car, and modify it yourself.

A modded car has most likely been abused, and you could easily end up buying someone else's problem.

That's my $.02 ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
that car sounds like a can of worms. you just have to wonder "why is the car being sold?":confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive been looking for a stock 1, but i cant seem to find someone who has 1 without a decent amount of miles...

and he wants to buy a house and needs to sell a couple things, 1 being the car... i thought the same thing about "buying someone elses problems" but the thing is hes willing to hold on to it til he gets what hes asking, i figured if theres was something seriusly wrong hed try to get rid of it quick

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,212 Posts
Turtle6909 said:
i figured if theres was something seriusly wrong hed try to get rid of it quick
They build more Imprezas every day, just wait until you find the right one. Buy a completely stock car with a full service history in writing -- receipts. Buy a car with a smog certificate ready to go from the seller. Buy a car with authentic parts, no aftermarket or imitation parts.

A stock car with FSH/records/smog certificate may be more expensive to buy but it will likely be cheaper to own, particularly if you follow suit and do not use anything but authentic Subaru parts intended for that car by the manufacturer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts