Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help with a throttle response issue and was wondering if anyone had any solutions. I have a 2017 wrx FA DIT current mods: Cobb Accessport, Mishimoto CAI, Ets catless downpipe, Nameless axleback, Ets front mount & piping, HKS SSQV4 full atmospheric.

So the issue happens when I get near boost even 0.0 vacuum, for example if I'm in 2nd gear putting down 40% throttle and let off and put my foot back on the gas right after, the throttle cuts out for a split second then the throttle response is normal. If I'm cruising at normal daily driving speeds it doesn't happen but if I were to downshift and put my foot back on the gas it cuts out. I talked to my tuner he thought it was the FFS but we disabled it and it was still the same. He made sure the car wasn't giving any feedback knock, made sure AFR's were at his standards not too rich not too lean when it did cut out so he says its not hurting the motor in any way, we still can't seem to find out the issue if its a tuning issue or not but if you guys could help me narrow down my solutions that would be great.

· In Æternum
23,701 Posts
For some reason, the SPAM filter moderated your thread. I've corrected that.

Your tuner should be your main point of contact (as you have already pursued).

For example, if I were tuning your car, I would not tune the car with that HKS BOV installed. In fact, it is likely that the BOV is responsible for your transient response concerns.

· Registered
17 Posts
Full atmospheric BOV's should really be used with high HP builds that produce a lot of boost. The full atmospheric BOV's help bleed off all that boost faster than a recirc system will.

There are, however, valves you can buy where you can adjust the amount of air that goes to atmosphere and how much goes into recirc. If you're looking for the sound and a responsive throttle, this is the route you'd want to go.

Google: Hybrid BOV. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Then get the car tuned. Your tuner will likely work with a hybrid before he works with a full atmospheric BOV on a car not built for large amounts of boost pressure.

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,787 Posts
Your problem is almost certainly the bov and tune. Your tuner should be able to make tweaks and the bov should be removed. Your car does not use speed density so a full atmospheric blowoff valve causes issues with fueling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.