ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't heard any talk on upgrading the throttle body. Why is this? No one makes them? Dosen't give any noticable gains?
Just been buggin me lately and I thought you guys would know.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ther was a thread some time ago about polishing the stock TB. IIRC, results were favorable, if not outstanding.
The instructions made it sound/look pretty simple, and the original poster was offering the polished TB's on an exchange basis at a very reasonable price.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
If it was a NA car it would be a different story. Air is being forced through there so its not as much of an issue. Still an issue though. PnP jobs suck especially if you do it yourself. I may try this in the near future with a dremel. I did this with my old plymouth acclaim and it made quite the difference so who knows!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
It helps some on topend on some cars and helps throttle response. I've come to a partial conclusion that your results(difference from stock) depends on the quality of your TB to begin with. I come across some that the tapered/casted area is really rough and some that the machined center bore is cut poorly. I do core exchanges and the returns that are rough, the customers says it made a noticable difference.

Here's a link to my photo page with some TB on it.
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=489554

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes sense. I guess it's not something I'll have to look into anytime soon, just something to think about down the road after a bigger turbo maybe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts