Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of this mod? The Throttle Body Bypass mod. I can't seem to find any information on it at all. Its a free DIY mod. All I know is that it has something to do with coolent bypass for the Throttle Body, and it allows your engine to rev faster in the low rpm range. If anyone knows how to do it, could you give me a good idea on how to do it, or at least how it works? Thanks.

·
1,911 Posts
No it doesn't allow you to rev any faster. On some throttle bodies coolant runs through it to warm it up in colder weather. To bypass it will cause cold start up problems and will likely not give you any power gains at all. On Hondas this was an old trick which really didn't give any power at all that was measurable.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Southern California, Palm Desert, and the weather is either Hot, or Really Really hot, so I know I will not need cold start up. One of my friends whom i used to know back then had a White WRX. He did this mod, and his car felt like it got up went alot easier.

·
Registered
50 Posts
As a point of trivia, Syclones and Typhoons use the same throttle body as F-bodies and Corvettes of the same era, and there are two big coolant ports left unconnected on our trucks that new guys always ask about. I suppose that with a turbo keeping the intake air warm, the engineers at PAS decided that throttle body icing would never be an issue...

·
Registered
261 Posts
revive this thread b/c i didnt want to start a whole new thread ... i need some clarification ... i searched but couldnt recognize what i was looking at in the few pics i saw so here are mine ...

I connect these 2 coolant lines correct ?

this is the passenger side line

this is the drivers side top line

1 - 7 of 7 Posts