Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cylindar 1 Misfires detected...? I get weird popping noises right after doing an up pipe, only under acceleration in gear. If I rev the engine at a stop it sounds fine. Also it seems to be "growly" when accelerating, this could be normal with the pre-cat gone? Could it be a loose manifold nut making the knock sensor go off? I don't think I have an up pipe leak because I don't have the screeching sound I've heard described with uppipe leaks. Whats going on ?!?!?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, no unichip. My only other engine mods are a K&N highflow filter, the grounding mod, silencer removed, and a last flange back straght pipe.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
checked egt, o2, uppipe, manifold and no leaks. there was no visible carbon on any of the exhaust(didn't check drivers side) tried a more restrictive muffler. i took off and retightened all of the exhaust nuts and bolts in the right order but still have this sound.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would check the spark plug wires as one might of bumped or loosened up durring the install and I have heard of a loose cable throwing the misfire CEL.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i found what the noise was!!! the supid MOFO that sold me the uppipe sold me an incorrectly bent pipe! it was hitting the brace right underneath it under load! :mad: :mad: :mad: i should have known "you get what you pay for":mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts