Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was perusing the facebook classifieds and saw a used td05 20g turbo for $200. Think this is a good deal? This wasn't first on my list of upgrades, but it seems to me like a good price. I shortly read up on them and saw that they make great high end power but there's not much low end.. Can someone give me a rundown on this type of turbo? Also, good price? or pass

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
$200 seems quite low, whether the turbo needs to be rebuilt or is just crap in general (e.g., eBay turbo). For reference, here's the "standard" 20G that people use:
Subaru WRX/STi 20G-XT Turbocharger

Based on your profile pic, you have a bugeye wagon. I wouldn't recommend a 20G on a 2.0L engine (unless you're swapping in an EJ207 with full working AVCS).

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,598 Posts
I kinda like the 16G for a 2,0L personally. It's got nowhere near the output of a 20G but it's a nice turbo and relatively reasonable for a 2,0.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I figured the 20g was pretty large for what I have in mind for my wrx. It just seems like a hell of a deal. The guy has it in a list of parts and it says,
Td05 20g $200 obo
, so obviously there's not much for info. I almost want to buy it just to resell it.. The guy is only a couple hours away, so I'm entertaining the idea but I'm not interested enough to message him yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts