1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hunt is still on. Thoughts?

CARFAX

Important inquiry on the carfax - check this one out

The car now does have an AOS, HKS bov, cobb intake and an invidia catback.

Went and test drove it, rides great, although 2nd to 3rd had a slight grind, nothing crazy but its there. Report says grinds going to 1st and 4th to 5th, which i didnt feel at all.

compression test on the report is good, thats 5k miles ago, a lot of things check out except for the trans.

At the price, what do you think? is it worth a buy?

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
528 Posts
The BOV is enough to walk away, let alone the grinding trans. Doubt it ever had the proper tune for the intake, and even if it did, I'm sure it's not on the car now and an AccessPort isn't included. Moot point since it's running a BOV while on a factory MAF.

Pass.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The BOV is enough to walk away, let alone the grinding trans. Doubt it ever had the proper tune for the intake, and even if it did, I'm sure it's not on the car now and an AccessPort isn't included. Moot point since it's running a BOV while on a factory MAF.

Pass.
The accessport was a nono from me too, the vent on the left side is taken off so im assuming thats where they mounted it at. I can get one for it but it rly should be included. If you look at the pictures the BOV was not on there 5k miles ago. Its a new addition, along with the AOS. Planning to get it tuned when i do, tried to work with him on price but wouldnt budge. I'll try to get extended warranty included in the price and if he doesnt wanna do that either im passing for sure.

Also, he did say that he had to get a new MAF to 'fix idle issues'...thats the only thing he did himself, all the other stuff was already on there he said... but on the report from auto science at 125k, the picture doesnt show any bov or aos so they probably put that on in the last 4k miles before the dealer got it. Albeit i cant even see the back end so id never know if the exhaust was on there either.

·
Super Moderator
12,618 Posts
Could be a synchro going. Blow off valve tells me the vehicle was owned by someone who didn't care for the vehivle

·
In Æternum
16,890 Posts
Blow off valve tells me the vehicle was owned by someone who didn't care for the vehivle
More importantly: someone that didn't understand the fundamentals of the component he or she was installing.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
The front bumper has been sand blasted. If it looks this bad in pictures, it must look terrible in person.
It might be the lighting angle, but the left headlight looks more foggy than the right. That tells me the front right has been replaced from an accident. The fitment on the bumper is also off. Look at the fender body lines and where the bumper meets the headlights. The factory tow hook cover is missing, as well. It has a lot of body imperfections. The interior is scratched to hell.

The wheels look great, which means there were probably aftermarket wheels on the car. Given that the rest of the car is modded and kind of rough around the edges, it's likely the car was running a ridiculous offset wheel setup putting strain on the suspension components and wheel hub/bearings.

It's not a good time to buy a used car, and it would never be a good time to buy this one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The front bumper has been sand blasted. If it looks this bad in pictures, it must look terrible in person.
It might be the lighting angle, but the left headlight looks more foggy than the right. That tells me the front right has been replaced from an accident. The fitment on the bumper is also off. Look at the fender body lines and where the bumper meets the headlights. The factory tow hook cover is missing, as well. It has a lot of body imperfections. The interior is scratched to hell.

The wheels look great, which means there were probably aftermarket wheels on the car. Given that the rest of the car is modded and kind of rough around the edges, it's likely the car was running a ridiculous offset wheel setup putting strain on the suspension components and wheel hub/bearings.

It's not a good time to buy a used car, and it would never be a good time to buy this one.
Thanks for the in depth reply, i’ll be passing on this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts