Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 WRX Premium
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard about the Subaru coming out with a new limited edition high performance versions of the STI and BRZ (the BRZ tS) and was just wondering what people's opinions were on it. Here the info I got on it

WRX STI Type RA

310hp thanks to revised intake, exhaust and engine tuning
Upgraded suspension with Bilstein® dampers
Lightweight 19-inch BBS® forged alloy wheels with gold finish
Carbon fiber roof and rear wing

Seems it also has stronger pistons and a revised 3rd gear ratio as well.

Each limited to 500 units and only available in WR blue, white or black.

Is anyone here even interested in getting one?

·
Æternum
15,863 Posts
All I see is the likelihood of significant dealer markup.

·
Super Moderator
11,442 Posts
They can get in trouble for that. They shut down Nissan dealerships here over the gtr

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
15,863 Posts
They can get in trouble for that. They shut down Nissan dealerships here over the gtr

It depends on the business practice of the parent company (Subaru Global) and the agreements placed between Subaru Global and the dealerships. Oftentimes, special editions of vehicles are immune the Terms and Conditions of product sales. Example: Launch Edition and Hyperblue STIs were often marked up above MSRP. The same happened to the EVO Final Edition.

·
Super Moderator
11,442 Posts
It depends on the business practice of the parent company (Subaru Global) and the agreements placed between Subaru Global and the dealerships. Oftentimes, special editions of vehicles are immune the Terms and Conditions of product sales. Example: Launch Edition and Hyperblue STIs were often marked up above MSRP. The same happened to the EVO Final Edition.
Yeah, they got two of the dealerships here under some obscure price gouging thing. I don't recall exactly what the entire sum of all of it was, but boy it wasn't good. Car prices dropped here for a good while though. That was nice.

·
Æternum
15,863 Posts
Yeah, they got two of the dealerships here under some obscure price gouging thing. I don't recall exactly what the entire sum of all of it was, but boy it wasn't good. Car prices dropped here for a good while though. That was nice.

How Price Gouging holds up in court is dependent on the State.

·
Super Moderator
11,442 Posts
How Price Gouging holds up in court is dependent on the State.
I'm gonna go see if I can spot one of them on a lot this weekend and see if it's MSRP.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm gonna go see if I can spot one of them on a lot this weekend and see if it's MSRP.

I took my car in for service at the dealer, and they had 18 wrxs and an 18 sti but no RA. I was excited for the service hoping the same thing woukd happen lol

·
Super Moderator
11,442 Posts
I don't think the ra will see the us. I was referring to the type r and the 30k dealer mark up

·
Registered
247 Posts
All I see is the likelihood of significant dealer markup.
I too forsee at least $5k markup for one of these, if lucky. Hope they don't follow suit of the RS and Type R

I heard about the Subaru coming out with a new limited edition high performance versions of the STI and BRZ (the BRZ tS) and was just wondering what people's opinions were on it....

Is anyone here even interested in getting one?
I personally don't think it would be worth it. Not for the 5 HP and upgrades you could do yourself, for a probably cheaper cost, with the exception of the carbon fiber roof.

·
Æternum
15,863 Posts
I don't think the ra will see the us. I was referring to the type r and the 30k dealer mark up

There will be 500 RAs sold in the USA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,442 Posts
There will be 500 RAs sold in the USA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Well, I won't be one of the 500

·
Æternum
15,863 Posts
Well, I won't be one of the 500

Right. For the money, you bet I'd have a Camaro SS 1LE

·
Premium Member
2016 WRX Premium
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Speaking of markups, Dodge has an interesting method to combat this with the upcoming Dodge Demon. Vehicles will be built, and delivered in this priority.

First vehicles sold below MSRP, then vehicles sold at MSRP and then vehicles sold above MSRP last.

Essentially all the cars will be factory ordered by buyers, dealers can't order one to just sit on their lots.

·
Super Moderator
11,442 Posts
That's also to combat the dealerships selling ordered vehicles to someone else.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts