ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have all the Stg4 stuff except for a bigger intercooler, but I have found an APS DR500 with a bung already tapped for water injection. I had thought about using W/I in the past, but wondered if there was any point doing it with my VF23. I don't want to go to a bigger turbo because this thing is so much fun around town. That, and because my little 23 spools up so quick I can easily take out cars with VF30/34's and some sort of aftermarket I/C. I am using UTEC for my engine management. Would there be any significant gain from adding the water injection down the road? I would have it dyno tuned, of course.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kennyvb said:
you should really think about getting a gauge setup before a fmic. monitor all your engine's vitals... :)
LOL, I got your PM...I'm still seriously considering buying your gauges

·
Registered
271 Posts
Consider this.....

Water injection is awesome and will act like a liquid intercooler inside the engine. Now that comment about your VF23 taking out VF30/34 is 1/2 true. A VF23 spools like monster and is what I feel a very tough "street" turbo. The problem is that once you start getting into the higher RPMs, you start to run out of steam. I went for a ride in a Stg 4 VF23 and it was really wild. Problem is that the top end is not so hot and the 30/34 will start to pull. If I were you, sell the 23 and go with a 22 if you're on a budget or get a 16g and really kick some ass! :cool:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Techie said:
Now that comment about your VF23 taking out VF30/34 is 1/2 true.
I never race on the interstate at 100mph+ or anything. In a 1/4 mile, the 30/34's I have raced didn't have the time to catch up.

Back on topic, do you think I'll see any difference between a TMIC & FMIC with the water injection, since as Techie says, it acts as a little intercooler of its own?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Are local tuner here in Portland loves water injection. A wagon using a VF30 was able to get 309 whp and 270 torque because of it. Most of the VF30's here get 270whp.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Ive searched the forum and google and can not find what water injection is. I know this is OT in this thread but can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its exactly what it sounds like...water injected into your motor along with the air and fuel. Its usually tapped into the system on the intercooler, right before the throttle body. The water acts as a way to cool down the intake charge, therefore you can pull out more fuel and get more power. I'm sure there's a much better way to explain it, but there's my take on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
PolarisSnT said:
Ive searched the forum and google and can not find what water injection is. I know this is OT in this thread but can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks
High hp WRXs are using a lot of gasoline to cool the combustion chamber. Water injection is extremely efficient at cooling allowing advanced timing, slowed flame front, and reduced likelihood of detonation, lengthening the lifespan of the engine.

Here's a vendor's website with a lot of good information.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/rescr/rescr.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts