ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plans for the next 2-3 months are to add the following upgrades to what I already have. Just wanting some feedback on my ideas.

1. GT12 turbo from fullthrottlespeed.com
2. Walbro Fuel Pump
3. PE 800cc injectors
4. Perrin intercooler hoses
5. Perrin turbo inlet hose
6. Perrin Fuel rails
7. Nology Spark Plug Wires
8. Cobb AP Street Tuner (Coming Soon) hopefully!
9. CO2 intercooler sprayer
10. Cusco motor mounts

Also with these upgrades, what will the stock internals handle before needing to upgrade them?

And if tuned what kind of power should this setup make?

Thanks,
Shane

·
Registered
253 Posts
yeah, id say thats a hefty setup. the gt12 is a garret bolt on right? thats still a big one. im sure it would be more suited to a beefy motor, race gas and high boost. but id say on pump gas on an EJ20, youd be close to 400, but more like 350. too many variables. are you going to run this turbo off the stock top mount. if so i would strongly recommend upgrading that as well. also, i dont know much about cobbs AP street tuner. what kind of interface does it have?
you will eventually run your motor to the ground, all depending on how hard you tune an run it. did i forget to mention the tranny. ;) good luck though, im interested to see how well this turbo performs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is the bolt on. And I plan on replacing the stock internals but I figure I'ld try to get as much use of them as I could before spending the money to replace them. What does any one know about how much the internals will handle as long as there is no detonation or nok. I was told they would hold up as long as there was no nok. As far as the transmission, I've done been through the stock tranny and already replaced the second tranny's gears with another stock set :mad: , so I'm done drag racing. I try to stay away from hard launches now and stick to racing from a role, better on the tranny :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks like a nice set up. But i do recomend dyno tuning. Off the shelf tunes do always work on everyones car and give your car all it can. But other wise looks like a nice street setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts