ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got back from Harvard...took me 3 hours because of traffic to my place, should take 30min MAX.

The 08 was awesome, no issues. A couple of times the traction control light came on, but no problems.

I have Dunlop Winter Sport M3's on.

Oh my "No Hill Holder" light came on, not sure what that means hahaha.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
You and your wacky 08 have a hill holder feature if you didn't know already.

I drove home from work around 2:00 with my Falken summer tires on.... wasn't too bad but got squirrelly when I wanted it to. I went to my parents' house around 5:00, shuffled their cars around the driveway, fired up the compressor, and swapped out my RS wheels/Falkens for my WRX wheels/Blizzaks. I picked up Jason's stock wheels last night, and my friend picked them up this morning along with my Blizzaks, brought them to his work to get them mounted, and dropped them back off at the house this afternoon - can't beat that. I <3 snow tires and this storm. Can't wait til Sat. night too when that storm comes.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You and your wacky 08 have a hill holder feature if you didn't know already.
No lol, I know it has HH. The dash light that shows a car on a hill with a NO sign (slash) through it came on. as in NO HILL HOLDER

·
Registered
436 Posts
this storms mad gay.
i left the JP VA at 1:45 and i got home at 730
thats like over 5.5 hours to drive less then 15 miles.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I need to go invest in some snow tires. I just crashed because of snow and it snowing as I speek.:sadwave: Were did you guys pic yours up. I want the biggest baddest snow tires money can buy. And I do mean the biggest.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
I need to go invest in some snow tires. I just crashed because of snow and it snowing as I speek.:sadwave: Were did you guys pic yours up. I want the biggest baddest snow tires money can buy. And I do mean the biggest.
nokian, blizzak or the ones downshift the m3 are great snow tires.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
All we got here was ice, and since my car is covered in a sheet of ice I am not looking forward to cleaning it off.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I LOVE SNOW...

my roommate w/ the blue Jetta GLI does not. LOL.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
your car looks pretty mean there still covered with snow and not drivin yet
That's from about 10min ago. I've been out driving in the storm all day.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i miss the snow

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
No offense Erik, but you crashed because you were impatient. ;)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Man i miss getting snow like that in michigan, global warming FTL...i guess im a hypocrite for running a catless exhaust though.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
436 Posts

is the tread on mine...
Nokian Hakkapeliitta RSI's on a 2007 STi. they did great. plenty of traction and grip at all angles

Snow tires are definatly worth it, as ive showed not-erx. the RE92's can get you by on the 1st winter but not a 2nd with the vtread wear.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you go to Harvard?
Nah I graduated from Northeastern in May. I was having lunch w/ a girl who is getting her PhD at Harvard.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts