ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/578872211.html

I talked to the guy last night, he says he is the second owner and neither owner drove the car very much. The pics look clean and the mileage is almost unbelievable for a car of that age. I am having him send me the VIN, so I can make sure it's not a salvage title or something.

What I am missing about this? This seems way under priced for what it is, isn't it? If it is under priced, please don't steal this car from me :), thanks.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,471 Posts
You're missing a list of modifications previously on the car that have now been removed (I doubt the previous owner stopped at the intake and battery). You're also missing a binder with receipts and details of the full service history. That's where I'd start.

·
Registered
966 Posts
You're missing a list of modifications previously on the car that have now been removed (I doubt the previous owner stopped at the intake and battery).
i doubt he had any other mods...why would he take them off....he might have a clutch, flywheel, maybe even suspention work....but thats all good....even if he did have mods they wernt on for more than 20,000 miles....so your good...even if the ECU was flashed that doenst matter cuz its not anymore...the car looks great ....but i would be more hesitant on putting that add on here...if i lived closer i would have jumped on that...sorry man....but check the car out for yourself take her for a drive.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i doubt he had any other mods...why would he take them off....he might have a clutch, flywheel, maybe even suspention work....but thats all good....even if he did have mods they wernt on for more than 20,000 miles....so your good...even if the ECU was flashed that doenst matter cuz its not anymore...the car looks great ....but i would be more hesitant on putting that add on here...if i lived closer i would have jumped on that...sorry man....but check the car out for yourself take her for a drive.....
Somebody might grab it from me, somebody might check it out for me. If I don't get that one, there will be another. I live about 12 hours away, so if I fly out there I would be driving it back. Hard to make sure it's the one from far away, but i've done it before with a turbo miata. I'm just nervous about getting screwed.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,471 Posts
i doubt he had any other mods...why would he take them off....
To get back a portion of the money she's spent.

he might have a clutch, flywheel, maybe even suspention work....but thats all good....
On a car with that few miles indicated I'd say those parts would be a troublesome sign. This is of course all speculation. If there are any gaps in the service history and record of receipts, I would not consider the car.

·
Registered
966 Posts
theres not much service to be done on a 22k car.. i mean alignment, oil...n that stuff but no need for plugs or anthing like that.... the first real big matience time is 36k matinece

1 - 6 of 6 Posts