ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lifted F-150 decided to park next to me today. He took the turn too hard and clipped my car. Instead of taking the turn wide and hitting a POS jeep, he decided to take it too hard, and yes, clipped my car. There is alot of damage to the bumper side panel and taillight. Any of you guys can estimate the damage costs. Oh and btw i ripped through the gears so hard today because i was so pissed. it felt sooo good!
securedownload-2.jpeg securedownload-1.jpeg securedownload-3.jpeg securedownload.jpeg securedownload-4.jpeg

·
Registered
116 Posts
A$$HOLE! Hate that!
Can't tell if there is body damage to that rear quarter panel or just paint, that will determine the $$. The rest is probably less than $1500.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
LOL..

Atleast your Wrx will have good paint on half of it

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
Sucks - did he end up with any damage? Always seems like one of the vehicles comes out with barely a scratch.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Ouch. Sucks man. Hopefully you can get it fixed soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sorry to hear it man.. I just recently had a fairly large size dent in the rear bumper.. turned out it wasn't to bad to just heat it up and roll it out.. unfortunately.. you can't do that with yours... just to much damage.

GL w/ the fix up.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,224 Posts
I'll put it at $2.000 USD. I'd have said one grand for the bumper but there's more.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
I'll put it at $2.000 USD. I'd have said one grand for the bumper but there's more.
More than that. My quarter panel and a corner of the bumper got smashed in (so structural damage), and it was more than $6k (for the other guy to pay).

I'm going with $3,400. I think Bo was close.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,224 Posts
You guys are probably right. I am sometimes out of touch with co$t$. To the OP, good luck and try to keep it in perspective, it sucks but nobody was hurt and that's what matters.

·
Registered
42 Posts
^+1

Also didn't you just get the car?! you never know what could happen...just gotta hope for the best. Personally I park my car in the back or anywhere isolated so people don't scratch my car. And I get some exercise from walking too! haha

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Look on the bright side. If his insurnace is covering it, it may just be an opportunity to change things up. For example - Chargespeed USA - Offering the best in aftermarket body kits

I had an SUV back up onto the hood of my old Z. After I got the check from her insurance, it was almost enough to get the hood and bumper repaired and painted + new side skirts and a front lip painted. You just have to find a good paint/body shop that will work with you.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
These things happen...if they owned up and exchanged insurance info, then it should all be good in the end.

This is why I continue to park in Egypt or parallel as much as possible. That said, someone still managed to put a superficial scrape on the front of my wagon a few weeks ago when they were parking in front of me. :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I may resort to carrying orange cones around with me to put around the car.I keep parking in an isolated faraway spot & always find some crazy has parked right next to me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts