Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
after seeing this commercial a couple of times, i realize that this commercial really sucks. i'm talking about the commercial with these two kids driving in a silver WRX. When the WRX first came out their commercial kicked ass. i love how they show the rally car while having the regular one on top of each switching between the 2 as it goes through the dirt road. Or when it's ripping throught the mountain side on wet asphalt. the new one just plain sucks. they should just show the car tearing **** up instead of two fools driving.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The worst part is the damn song! Who has listened to "Radar Love" in the last 15 years. Especially people in the demographic that SOA is marketing the WRX to. The 2nd worse part in that commercial is the drivers' facial hair, get a clue Subaru.

-Shadow

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The only thing I like about that commercial is the exhaust sound.

The guy must have an exhaust system and, consequently, no warranty! :rolleyes:

misterx

·
Registered
480 Posts
I think it's the SPT exhaust, MisterX. I get to listen to it every day. :D :cool:

I agree with you, pbenga. The commercial is pretty lame. But I'm glad to see the WRX on TV under any circumstances. The part that cracks me up though, is seeing these bobble-headed dorks in the car, and beneath them, the disclaimer, "Professional driver on closed course."

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what they should do is show a bunch of clips on the rally car doing some jumps and crazy drifting. i gaurantee you that it will catch alot of attention. plus it'll be a cheap commerical because you'll be using video clips you already have and you don't have to hire any clowns to pretend they're driving.

·
Registered
100 Posts
what subaru needs to do is pay tiff needle to do a commercial for them.

****...id buy another wrx in the same color as the one he drove if i saw that!

·
Registered
285 Posts
What 'buru needs is videos of all the OTHER cars in WRC flipping and dying and superimpose the wrx driving past them. That would be the shiznit...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Subaru should some clips from the Rally of Great Britain, and at the very end cut to Solberg and Mills popping the champagne on top of the WRC car. Go SWRT!

-Shadow

·
Registered
480 Posts
Damon said:
What 'buru needs is videos of all the OTHER cars in WRC flipping and dying and superimpose the wrx driving past them. That would be the shiznit...
In the case of the Peugeot 206, that would be false advertising. :(

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Am I a nerd? I'm 24 and I love that song. (Anybody see the Simpson's episode when Homer sings that? It was on here tonight :D) I turn it up whenever it's on. I love all kind of music really. Agreed that those two look like total @sses, tho.

·
Registered
907 Posts
oooh i love the nissan commercial that plays the song "cars" by gary numan...

·
Registered
132 Posts
and the look that the kids give eachother is a little more than "friendly" if you know what i mean...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts