ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I messed up once already and bought a replacement from bluebat. My second try and theres alot less bubbles but bubbles none the less! Any tips? Is this still saveable?

Thanks

-pretzel

Sent from my iPWN using tapatalk

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
have you tried using a heat gun? are you applying with water?

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blow dryer and heat gun. Using 70% water 30% rubbing alcohol. Gone through 4 cigarettes here just brainstorming lol.

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its just air inside their though not water. Man i shoulda just gone out tonight lol

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
I have zero experience applying overlays but can you not use the same technique as applying a sticker? Lay it down with one hand while smoothing out the bubbles with a credit card or something along those lines

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
If I were to do overlays I'd have a pro do it for me.. there are some really funky compound curves on that tail light.. This is why I painted mine. Paint doesn't care what the surface is shaped like. Vinyl is *****y lol.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Bought the Lamin-X ones, but definitely having a pro put them on.

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kind if embarrased to say this but i finally got them on. When i say "i" i mean my gf. Her attention to detail and patience was 2 important things i just dont have lol. Yea I feel kinda punked but i dont care they look badass lol. Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Very nice. I'm curious what look I'd get from my wife if I asked her to install mine for me. lol

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
They look good! I like the body-colored hatch molding piece too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts