·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
467 Posts
Dunno... you get what you pay for...
I think it looks a little suspect - compare with pics of kartboy SS...

the stock shifter and KB Shortshifter both have an angle in the shaft (got my KB at OAKOS <- kick @$$ vendor)

Although I suppose if you mount that shifter with the "hole" facing forwards, it just might work...Looks kinda like the B&M Shortshifter

That said, I guess if you've got spare $$, $30 really isn't all that much money. Check out this link too:

http://www.wrxfanatics.com/index.php?showtopic=12138&hl=b&m

Good luck,
-C

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
My buddy orderd one like that on ebay, He can notic a little difference in 2nd and 4th...

I on the other hand have the kartboy (around 99$) , its a BIG difference bewteen his, all my gears are much shorter then his. Lets just say my friend was disappointed in buying the one off ebay:tongue:

·
Registered
385 Posts
I ordered one of those $20 shifters and installed it. i go and shift into 3rd hard and the whole plastic receptacle and shifter came out of the socket underneath the car. i still have yet to fix it cause the c-clip popped out and it needs a special angled tool to get a new one back in. I'm still trying to find out if it's the shifter design thats crappy and putting too much stress on the recepticle. The way the shifter is designed, its the same length as the stocker, it just raises the lever point up so the linkage has to raise up as well. I think it may be putting stress on that plastic cup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts