ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son called me and said his WRX is harder to shift into 3rd gear now.
He said every other gear is fine.
I ask him what happened?
He said while he was parked outside (engine running) a Lowes store he was putting a carpet into his car.
All of a sudden he said he heard a noise the car was making.
After a minute or so he realized the other end of the carpet was pressing on the shift lever.
Now he is saying that it is harder than all the other gears which are still fine.
My question is what could it damage pressing on the shift lever?
The gear itself?
And I did tell him to get the tranny fluid changed asap in case any metal filings would be in the transmission.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An update on this.
My son made went to the dealership.
They said to would rather wait to test drive it prior to draining the transmission fluid.
He was told that they prefer to test drive it to see what if anything is wrong with it.
I also called the dealer and the tech said that they would rather leave the old fluid in.
I ask him what is the difference it it is drained.
It isn't an automatic where the vavle body could possibly get clogged if metal shavings are present.
He said that if anything is in the fluid it would be sticking to the part and draining it would loosen it.
I said I know my son did't have an appointment so that sounds like the real reason why.
Then the tech said yes he has one on Thursday and then we will test ride it and change the fluid.
WOW! The tech was trying to make something up about the oil instead of just saying he is busy and doesn't have time to change the tranny oil and test ride his car today.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts