ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying an Impreza WRX as my next new car right now. A few questions I have are: is the WRX a reliable car? One one where I can use as a daily driver up to 100K miles? I don't plan to do many mods really... probably mostly exterior, and maybe some extra HP here and there... nothing big. Maybe 50+ HP extra?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
TeKiZeRo said:
I am thinking of buying an Impreza WRX as my next new car right now. A few questions I have are: is the WRX a reliable car? One one where I can use as a daily driver up to 100K miles? I don't plan to do many mods really... probably mostly exterior, and maybe some extra HP here and there... nothing big. Maybe 50+ HP extra?
very reliable car if you treat it right!......i think boxter engine hold up till 200,000 usually, depending on a driver

·
Registered
647 Posts
yA im not sure about how reliable the wrx is, but subaru's in general are very. My dad owned one a long time ago and he put right about 200K on it, thats why he liked the idea of me getting one, and i had a friend who had a outback and put 175k miles on it before getting ride of it and it still ran just fine.

But like said, you cant abuse it and it will last for ever, but it doesnt sound like you are some young kid who would do that :D
(not bashing teens, i am one too, but i know how we drive haha)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How's the sound system in that thing? I haven't had a chance to hop in a subaru before so I don't know how it wounds, but I am planning to stop by Bob Baker Subaru here in San Diego this weekend for a test drive, etc.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Dont bother with the upgrade. For the same dinero you can buy some kickass aftermarket components.

Run a google search for the Subaru 500,000 club. It is a bunch of old Subies that have clocked over 500,000 miles. Subies are reliable, just take care of the car.

·
Registered
956 Posts
well I got just about 60k and atleast one I saw clocked 82k. I have had no problems. so I say get it. it's the best car best hp for the cash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts