Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Annoying drivers and things you do to annoy them back

OK, I know everybody here is a conscientious and legal driver, but hey...

Many things other drivers do tick me off, and I let them know it. Like weaving in and out of heavy traffic, changing lanes without signals. I am pretty good with the horn.

I especially hate getting passed on the right in heavy traffic on the interstate. When you're caught behind slowpokes in the left lane, some jerk always thinks he can pass on the right and squeeze in front of you. I make clear no way is that going to happen.

I guess what I'm saying is when faced with idiots on the road, one has the right to "challenge" them in a legal manner without provoking an accident.

What do you think?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, on the flip side I tried to make a turn signal recently and some super aggressive guy pulled in front of me and stopped his truck in the middle of the intersection. I thought he was gonna pull a gun on me, but he just cussed gave me the finger and drove away.

I turned on the yellow and should have had the right of way, but wow was he pissed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Now THIS is a good thread.

My pet peeves are when you're in traffic in a lane that's ending (merging left), such as a freeway onramp, and some jacka$$ always tries to go around you on the right and speed up, goes as far as he possibly can and then stops and tries to merge in. I have almost been hit because I see these guys coming up behind me and I'll swerve in front of them to keep them from passing. I actually ran a lady off the road that way once, because she swerved and had to go off on the grass. Fully well deserved though.

Now, what I do that probably annoys people... the worst is probably using my phone when I'm at a traffic light, then not seeing the light has turned green right away. In my defense, I'm usually pretty good about not doing this, but it's happened.

·
Banned
289 Posts
When there are 2 cars going a specific speed and a pile of cars behind them builds up because they wont get the hell out of the way.

Same deal:

when traffic is heavy, and cars are leaving semi truck or more lengths in front of them because they aren't paying attention or "don't want to hit the brakes".

Basically any scenario where people are unreasonably causing additional traffic out of complacency or douchebaggedness

·
voidin warranty since 05
835 Posts
idk if this is specific to my area and the demographic found here, but 2 things that boils my blood (and really shouldnt):

1. when im backing out of a driveway, and im clearly feathering it, bringing the car out slowly. usually the oncomer is flying, and they self righteously impose their attitude on me by giving me a warning honk. AS IF I DONT SEE YOU F^$%#@R. dont honk at me because you want to blaze down the street and think others dont see you.

2. when someone is tryna merge, pull out or make a turn as youre coming and they put their hand out as if to say, "im turning, you WILL let me in..." F U, i let you in because im a decent person. get off your high horse and wait to be waved in.

·
Registered
95 Posts
People Reading/ putting on Make-up (all genders)/ shaving (all genders:rotfl:) while driving.

Ricers trying to race at every light...... or in a parking lot.

People just driving in general.

Overcast weather making people drive like its a huge blizzard. yup its real.

People cutting me off, then giving me the finger.

I can keep going for days.

·
Registered
386 Posts
A agree with everything listed above.

Another thing I hate is how lazy people drive for example when turning right they swing into the left most lane and vice versa for left turns.

Also they can't keep their vehicles between the painted lines when taking turns.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I especially hate getting passed on the right in heavy traffic on the interstate. When you're caught behind slowpokes in the left lane, some jerk always thinks he can pass on the right and squeeze in front of you. I make clear no way is that going to happen.
Maybe I am reading this wrong, but I dont understand why you would block a car from passing in the right lane if the guy ahead of you in the left lane is driving like a grandpa.

My pet peeves are people who drive slow in the fast lane, or when 2 cars drive side by side on a two lane highway and create a wall of cars behind them, but that really goes back to the slow guys in the fast lane, as I cant blame the driver in the right lane for going slow. When I finally get around these left lane slowpokes (yes I pass them on the right, sorry Dr. Jeff!) I make sure to get right in front of them and use a copious amount of washer fluid in order to bathe their car in it.

Another pet peeve is when people pull out right in front of you at the last second, and then drive suuuper slow. I understand not everyone drives spiritedly, but if you're not in a hurry to get there then why pull out right in front of me? I swear this happens to me more often when I'm driving my vette. They're all like "Serves you right for driving a sports car you jerk!"

Of course, I don't do any of this in my demo! ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
Drive the speed limit. Pisses off everyone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
The bane of my existence is this one freeway onramp near downtown... 5 lanes merge into 1, with no real lane markings, in a span of less than 100 yards.

Needless to say, even when there is no traffic anywhere else, this stupid ramp backs up because NO ONE knows how to merge or "zipper."

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I make sure to get right in front of them and use a copious amount of washer fluid in order to bathe their car in it.
This is one of my favorite moves... use it all the time!

·
Banned
289 Posts
idk if this is specific to my area and the demographic found here, but 2 things that boils my blood (and really shouldnt):

1. when im backing out of a driveway, and im clearly feathering it, bringing the car out slowly. usually the oncomer is flying, and they self righteously impose their attitude on me by giving me a warning honk. AS IF I DONT SEE YOU F^$%#@R. dont honk at me because you want to blaze down the street and think others dont see you.

2. when someone is tryna merge, pull out or make a turn as youre coming and they put their hand out as if to say, "im turning, you WILL let me in..." F U, i let you in because im a decent person. get off your high horse and wait to be waved in.
Haha this is somewhat like here in downtown Denver.

When I have a green light, and pedestrians have a "do not walk" sign..but they don't give a crap because they are self entitled douches and cross anyway.

Hate that

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
Thread Title: "Things YOU Do To Annoy Other Drivers"

I refuse to illegally pass vehicles on the right / shoulder on a two-lane road (I've been sideswiped because some idiot illegally tried to pass me on the shoulder while I was waiting to make a left-turn). When I was taught to drive, I was told to hug the outside white line; therefore, if a vehicle happens to slightly cross over the center, I'm less likely to get struck. Unfortunately for people behind me, this often prevents them from passing me while waiting for a vehicle to make a left-turn (either myself or a vehicle ahead of me).

I do not push my luck with red lights. When a light turns yellow, if I have the ability to make a safe stop before the intersection, I do. Most people here choose to punch the gas to try to "beat the light". Similarly, I refuse to "block the box" at an intersection. If I do not have enough room to get my vehicle completely through the intersection, I stop at the "stop line" and await the ability to do so (sometimes that means sitting through another traffic light signal sequence).

When at a stop or yield sign, I do not merge into traffic if it will cause an oncoming vehicle to have to apply their brakes (assuming they're traveling the speed limit). If I don't have enough distance to get up to proper traveling speed, I do not have the right of way to merge.

I avoid tailgating at all costs; I leave a proper following distance for a reasonable application of the brakes to be able to avoid impromptu automotive buttsex. Yes, there might be literal room for two vehicles between myself and the vehicle ahead of me, but traveling at 55+MPH, you need distance to react to an emergency stop situation.

I can sometimes be an erratic driver on familiar roads that have fun curves. Generally follow the speed limit during the straight stretches, then take the corners near the limit of the vehicle / tires, then coast back down to the speed limit. I don't typically do this in the Tacoma, as it isn't known for its cornering / acceleration prowess, but I will sometimes take corners faster than my normal driving speed then slow back down.

If I'm driving the Subaru and I approach a tunnel (not that common here), I will wastegate dump as many times as I can through it. This sometimes leads to erratic acceleration / deceleration. I have been known to wastegate dump next to people with open windows. After, they get up next to me at a light, with their window still down, yelling and screaming at me for the childish move; light turns green, what do I do? I do it again.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'll often annoy my co-workers that show up late to work by turning the heat or a/c on full blast (heat in the summer, a/c in the winter) in their work vans... then remove the knobs from the console and hide them. Usually I'll do that right after I tune the radio to a station that's all static, crank it to full volume and remove the knobs :D

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
EJ you are correct--my point was things I do that annoy other drivers, generally because they are being jerks.

I do pass slowpokes on the highway on the right and make a big deal about it--revving the engine to pass and then moving in front of them with a flourish to let them know their slowness harshes my mellow.

I HATE people passing on the right when it's congested and no one can go at a reasonable speed. Then I go out of my way to keep them from passing me.

Re' merging, it has been scientifically proven that zipper merging is the most efficient. You do not own a lane because you got into it a mile before the merge point. I will be as pushy as a New Yorker to merge when I have to.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re' things other drivers do that annoy me--pretty much anything that keeps me from getting where I'm going when I want to get there. Or that is hazardous. Which is about 85% of the driving public.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts