Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Subie owners!!!

I'm currently in a debate on whether I want to own a Subaru WRX :love::love: or something else I'm comfortable with but I'm leaning more to the Subaru side because I want something new. I've seen the most recent Subaru WRX that are 2015+ and all I can say is, I am falling in love with how this car looks each and every time I see it. I don't plan on getting a WRX anytime soon, maybe in a year or so but I wanted some input from you guys so I know what I am getting myself into. I'm no gear head myself but everyone starts somewhere when they own a car so there's going to be a lot for me to learn if I do plan to own one. I don't plan on doing much to the car besides giving it a Accessport, Intercooler, Intake, Exhaust system and some other internal electrical work such as speakers and a new stereo unit but other than that, it's going to be my daily car from there. A lot of people say that any changes mod wise to a Subaru WRX will need a tune, I don't know if this is true or not but let me know if it is so I can find a reputable tuner around my area before I purchase a WRX! Other than that, what have you guys thought of your WRX ever since you owned it? Any problems at all with the car? I will say that I am kind of nervous of owning a WRX because it's going to be my first manual car so I'm scared I might wreck it. But since it's going to be my first manual also and a car I'm falling in love with, it's gonna be babied like no tomorrow. Is there anything else I should know before purchasing this car? It will be a used car with probably 30k+ miles on it when I buy it since I'm planning to go for the 2016 Limited model. Thanks for all the help!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hello Subie owners!!!

I'm currently in a debate on whether I want to own a Subaru WRX :love::love: Subaru is all about the love . . . at least that's what their ads say. ;) or something else I'm comfortable with but I'm leaning more to the Subaru side because I want something new. I've seen the most recent Subaru WRX that are 2015+ and all I can say is, I am falling in love with how this car looks each and every time I see it. I don't plan on getting a WRX anytime soon, maybe in a year or so but I wanted some input from you guys so I know what I am getting myself into. I'm no gear head myself but everyone starts somewhere when they own a car so there's going to be a lot for me to learn if I do plan to own one. I don't plan on doing much to the car besides giving it a Accessport, Intercooler, Intake, Exhaust system and some other internal electrical work such as speakers and a new stereo unit but other than that, it's going to be my daily car from there. A lot of people say that any changes mod wise to a Subaru WRX will need a tune, I don't know if this is true or not (Based on what you have mentioned -- at least with the intake and possibly with the exhaust -- depends on the type . . . I would say you would need a tune . . . then again having an Accessport is pretty much getting a tune . . . just a canned tune, not custom) but let me know if it is so I can find a reputable tuner around my area before I purchase a WRX! Other than that, what have you guys thought of your WRX ever since you owned it? If you want the fastest car . . . cheapest car to own or maintain . . . car with the best gas mileage . . . absolute best handling car . . . look elsewhere. If you want a reliable, zippy car that handles well regardless of the weather, look to the WRX. I have told my salesman that this car is a perfect fit for what I wanted in a car. Any problems at all with the car? Not a single issue in 43,000 miles+. I will say that I am kind of nervous of owning a WRX because it's going to be my first manual car so I'm scared I might wreck it. It's a learning process to drive it . . . actually to drive any manual, but the WRX is in a whole other class by itself. But since it's going to be my first manual also and a car I'm falling in love with, it's gonna be babied like no tomorrow. Is there anything else I should know before purchasing this car? Only advice . . . consider buying new. Buying new means you know exactly how it was broken in vs. not having any idea as to whether the former owner maintained it properly, broke it in, etc. . . . and sometimes financing rates coupled with the high resale value of used WRXs mean buying new is a better deal. It will be a used car with probably 30k+ miles on it when I buy it since I'm planning to go for the 2016 Limited model. Thanks for all the help!!

·
Super Moderator
10,883 Posts
Yeah mods need tuned, the radio makes a bigger impact to sound quality than speakers and don't modify a warrantied vehicle at all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Firefighterjake
I only plan on driving the WRX as a daily, no hard pulls or tracking. I live in Cali so it's going to be a plus for the weather here that range from rainy and regular hot days. As for buying a new, I definitely was considering doing a new WRX but considering how much more "$4,000-$8,000" it would be, it was kind of out of my range. Unless a miracle happens where I win a scratcher or get a good bonus xD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@XJman
Hmm, thanks for letting me know, I almost forgot any internal electrical will void warranty if the dealer offers it. I'll keep that in mind! I'll keep an eye out for a good tuner for the WRX in the future! :]

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
A powertrain stock WRX is a big fun car. I love mine. I have not touched its power output There are days when I choose to drive it, and that's a powerful statement since I also have a C7 Z06 (650 HP/650 TQ).

Not saying one should not powertrain mod a WRX, just that it is a really terrific car to drive just as it comes from the dealership.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Basically it comes down to do you need the AWD or are you just buying the car because of the name. If you need the AWD the WRX is a good affordable car with some performance. If not there are much better platforms to purchase, especially living in California. When you first buy your car just go into a empty parking lot and practice until you do it with your eyes closed. No mod can "void" your warranty but they can deny a claim based on the modification and what went wrong. I think the stock power in the wrx is meh but if you're going stage2 then I'm sure you will be happy with that. Protune > AP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts