ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 WRX wagon with the cloth seats and good god, they are so uncomfortable. Anything longer than a trip to the supermarket, and I get back problems.

I want to know what people have done to get a seat into this car to make it livable. Something like a direct swap with a nice leather/heated SVW seat do-able? Of course it is, but, what is realistic. Bolt-ins from Scooby off a forester, Outback, Brat? C'mon, I can't be the only one...

What do you sit in!?!?

·
Registered
0 Posts
get 02-03 seats!! ftw!

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I loved my 02-05 civic Si seats. I personally prefered my 05 seats to my 03 seats.

·
Registered
372 Posts
interesting... i had an '03 WRX, an '04 STi, and now my '07 wagon... and i didn't find any of them to be unbearable. now, i don't like my new seats as much as i liked my '07 Si seats, but it's not that much of a difference. *shrug* i guess that's me... but now that i think about it, i really did like my '05 LGT seats, but maybe that's cause of the butt warmers. :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
see mine are really comfrontable..but they dont hold u in place as well as 04+wrx seats...i want to get 04+wrx seats!!!even though they are less comfortable!

·
Banned
3,595 Posts
I'm not a big fan of my seats either. I have pretty bad neck problems and i don't feel that they support my spinal cord well. I might be looking into a WRX Limited Leather package soon though cuz i've sat in one of those and they are plush.

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
I really like the current 2.5i seats. I find them more supportive for long trips than my '06 WRX seats. The WRX seats have better bolsters and look cooler, but I prefer the headrest and upper back portion of the 2.5i buckets. Ideally, the seat bottom would be longer for long-legged folk like me. My thighs and lower back kill me after a few hours in my car.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
The seats in my 04 are terrible. Too wide for performance driving and cause back pain after more than 45 min or so.

The ass placement area of the seat is frayed to hell from me sliding around on turns, car has 18k on it. Anyone know if I can get that warrantied? (not a joke)

·
Banned
3,595 Posts
The seats in my 04 are terrible. Too wide for performance driving and cause back pain after more than 45 min or so.

The ass placement area of the seat is frayed to hell from me sliding around on turns, car has 18k on it. Anyone know if I can get that warrantied? (not a joke)
I got 78k on my '04. I'm in pain on anything over 15 mins... my commute is 40.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
Why not just get an aftermarket race seat if your main concern is being strapped in.

You'd lose the airbags though, that's a major minus IMO.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
You'd lose the airbags though, that's a major minus IMO.
I completely agree. However, for some reason that I can't explain, I don't think wrxisthebest is concerned.

To the OP, here is my $.02. I would assume that swapping in seats from another Subaru would be easiest since they would bolt right up (maybe?). So, sit in some other seats (Legacy, Forrester, etc) and see if you like any of those better, double check the compatibility and order them up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Crossing over to the darkside here i know but... the evo IX recaros are amazing and are cheaper than racing buckets all you need is recaro seat brakets just another option

·
Registered
0 Posts
airbags... i have been in a wrck and the airbags didnt even go off...screw that...i dont care anymore...i got whiplash and some serious brusing...airbags are sketchy even after theyve been out after a while...and u can retain ur airbags if u properly switch the airbags inside the seats ive heard..or maybe it was another way!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
On my 03 WRX wagon I tied the springs of the lower seat back together with zip strips. Then I added some additional padding to give more back support. There are some after market pneumatic adjusters out there.

In the bottom I carved half of the foam from where my butt sits and added a thinner amount of lower density foam.

The seat is much better. I still liked the ones in my first gen VW GTi best.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is there any way to swap a seat SAFELY? The side airbags in the seat are specifically tuned to the sensors in the seat, the doors, and so on. I want to swap a passenger seat but not intentionally make the car more dangerous.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I prefer my Bride Brix II's that are in my 240. Well spent $750 on the 2. Other than that, my 02 wrx seats are the best stockers I have sat in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts