ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone here in Colorado has gotten a ticket for their exhaust being too loud. I haven't gotten one myself yet, but I know a bunch of people that have. I think its a stupid law!:eek:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
cant.......think......... must avert eyes from avatar.

on topic: Yep, I can be deafened by a Harley and it's "saving lives", but a car with loud pipes gets ticketed. Ever hear of a blind spot orificer?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yeah, forget exhaust laws, who's the girl in the avatar?

Maybe if I showed the cop that, he'll forget what he pulled me over for. :D

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahahaha, all of a sudden I get atleast 3 PM's and now you guys are asking? lol... Her name is Lisa Faulkner. Shes a British actress/model. I got this picture from the FHM shoot.:D Hows that for the 100th post eh?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
In southwest Denver I've never had any problems with having an aftermarket exhaust (a very loud one at that). I've been pulled over once, early early in the morning...figured the cop would say something about it, but he said nothing. Also a week or two ago I was doing a nightshoot with a friend, the cops in the lot came over and talked with us while our cars were running and didn't mention anything about loud exhaust.

One cop was a Jeffco cop (that pulled me over) and one cop was a Littleton cop...

I don't think they really care, but one day you might catch a cop that's had a bad day :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, she is.:D So much for my loud exhaust thread lol... Its become the Lisa thread. :rolleyes:
OT: I'm sure that this whole deal will settle down overtime. But just to be on the safe side, I'm just going to be a little lighter on the gas for a while. Yeah, its only a $60 fine, but that $60 could go towards my car. ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
state patrol

I heard LEwis and Floor wax talkin bout this. I think it;s a 40$ ticket currently.

I only got grief once, and it was from state patrol. they said my altezzaz, my exhaust, my sun shade sticker on the windshield and my license plate on the dash was enough to get my car impounded. But i batted my eyelashes and the prick let me go with a warning.

I;ve heard that highway patrol are the ones that really crack down on the Noise mods, although the statute states that anything that alters the sound from the original mfg condition is illegal.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Wow, good thing when you reply it's takes the pictures away or I would be typing for hours one handed like....BooOp! Anyway, I recieved the aforemetioned ticket about a year ago. It came out to 35 bucks. Really, I wish I had fought it though. Tell me how a cop can be 100% sure my exhaust is louder than stock without a stock car sitting right next to mine. This is a completely objective ticket, and it's left up to the cop's judgement without any DB meter or baseline information. If I get pulled for it again, if I can keep my head on straight I will definately not admit guilt, instead I will plead the fifth or play dumb. If I get the ticket I will take it to court. Ask the judge if he knows what a stock 2002 2.5 RS rates on a db meter and I will ask if he knows what my car rated on the day of the ticket. The ticket is :bs:

-Ryan

Sooo hawt!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Moderators, please rename this thread to Lisa Faulkner, British Hottie, and edit out all extraneous noise (discussion on mufflers, et. all). And make it a sticky if someone posts additional pics. ;) :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts