ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Moved on to something I find better in all aspects. I loved my WRX though, was a lot for more then 2 years. But I felt it was time to pass it on as racing it had its effects, and they were starting to add up.

So my new car is the brand new 2005 Legacy GT Limited, Obsidian Black with Black leather.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wheel shot, 1 inch bigger brakes all around compared to the WRX, and vented in the rear. Stops very nicely.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Engine shot. I measured the IC, its about 6 square inches smaller then a WRX's intercooler, so not much smaller. But its also more efficent because their are no hoses, goes directly from the turbo to the IC.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last but not least the turbo. Don't know what turbo it is but its very nice. The numbers people have been dynoing the Legacy GT at are very amazing, so much torque. Its deffinetly faster then a stock WRX I think, maybe faster then a stage 1 wrx.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mods will be gradual as this car is very new and not much is out (reminds me of the days when I got my 02 WRX)

But it will be starting out with exterior, and wheels and tires. Then once performance parts become more well known and developed I will look into those. Lets just say I would love an accessport for the legacy that gives me 215hp at the wheels and 230tq at the wheels :)

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
awesome...just to let you know..i was at esx on their dyno day..and they brought a brand new legacy gt with 15 miles on it from a dealer nearby and put it on a dyno...it got 168 whp..of course this is with only 15 miles on it..i bet with more miles.....engine gets stronger...also keep in mind...the stock wrx gives 150-155 whp on a esx dyno(not 170-175 that every other dyno does)..so you might have to do the math

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Looks v3ry sexy. Im going to get my mom to get it!! You have nay inter pics?

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Those are so nice. Congrats...keep us posted on mods and more driving impressions.

We need a Legacy STi to come out and be available in a wagon! :eek: :eek: :eek: (as in twin turbo 3.0 H6 w/ a 6-speed...holy befreakinjesus)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I love the rims, but don't you think that the rear looks a little like the Toyota Camry?

Are you going to debadge any part of it?

Nice car, i'm sure you'll have lot's of fun with it.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, its hard to tell dyno numbers, they vary so much. Also the local guy who dyno'd his legacy was past break in, so that might have helped, people have been saying the feel faster after the first few thousand miles.

I will try and get some interior shots tomorrow, it really is one of the nicest interiors I have seen in a car sub 50k dollars. Can't even say I have been in a car more then 50k dollars, so its the best interior I have ever been in, hehe.

I agree the rear lights look a bit like a camry, but then again, everyone says the front of the 02 wrx looked like a neon, and the front of a 04 wrx looked like a corolla.

I plan on debadging the subaru for sure, maybe the 2.5GT as well, but will probably leave the legacy.

The car has been lots of fun so far, close to 300 miles on it in less then 24 hours. gonna break 1000 quick :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Nice car... it's so.... sensible looking :D

Maybe in a couple years I'll do the same.... but a wagon again. Who knows.. sometimes I miss my truck.

·
Registered
647 Posts
damn that is one hot hot hot car. I love it.

But just out of curiousity, how does it perform/compare with the wrx in sense of like handling and acceleration? Like 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Performance wise I think its faster then a WRX. Their is someone locally who has a legacy and he ran the 1/4 mile in 14.5 seconds with a 60ft time of something like 2.3 or 2.4 (so not that great). Im guessing with a good launch below 2, you would see very low 14's. He also said stage 2 wrx's were running low 14's that night to, with trap speeds around 92 mph, same as the legacy. Of course driving ability comes into play, but still its very promissing.

Actually last night I did a little test against my friends cobb stage 2 wrx. We were going along around 40-45 mph in 5th and floored it. I pulled 1-2 cars very quickly and stayed there, then let up once I got up to around 4k rpm (still in break in) and I was still ahead by 1-2 car lengths.

So it looks like the legacy has a lot of potential. Free up the exhaust some and get a chip and you will be beating stock STI's easy I think.

I really like the way the car looks, but want it to me a little more race inspired, so I plan to do a few exterior mods to help with that in the future.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is one of the mods I want to do soon, just gotta find a place to get it. Its a dealer option in australia.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts