Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 WRX Limited w/ CVT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m only briefed on the matter as I watched that smeedia video on YouTube and he mentioned O2 sensors and catalytic converters are affected since they relate to emissions regulation.
I take that to mean it does not matter what aftermarket j-pipe I buy, they all are going to be incompatible to tune with a cobb accessport. Am I understanding that correctly? Unless, the aftermarket has two cats like the stock ‘15 WRX j-pipe and the exact same amount of O2 sensors?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I’m only briefed on the matter as I watched that smeedia video on YouTube and he mentioned O2 sensors and catalytic converters are affected since they relate to emissions regulation.
I take that to mean it does not matter what aftermarket j-pipe I buy, they all are going to be incompatible to tune with a cobb accessport. Am I understanding that correctly? Unless, the aftermarket has two cats like the stock ‘15 WRX j-pipe and the exact same amount of O2 sensors?
Can you share the video here?

Sent from my Infinix X650 using Tapatalk

·
In Æternum
16,788 Posts
It's very simple: Cobb will no longer offer a "stage 2" map for public consumption. This means that there is no map support for ANYTHING other than the OEM emissions equipment. Only the stock downpipe and stock midpipe are supported by Cobb's maps.

There is a distinct probability that Cobb is going through the development and approval phase for federally and CARB legal turbo-back exhaust systems. This is an exceptionally expensive process, but if any company in the aftermarket has the funds and business to justify this, it's Cobb. We've seen Cobb already submit CARB filings for their intake systems over the years. This process will take significant time, so don't hold your breath....

Reactions: GBond2

·
Super Moderator
12,411 Posts
The press release is posted in the tuning section.

From what it says and my understanding they will not offer anything to defeat an emissions systems and if a dtc trips limp mode, they won't be able to switch it off.

Others are saying no.

I don't know call Cobb and ask.

·
Super Moderator
12,411 Posts
Prohibitive. Will stick with opensource. Not married to Cobb.
Don't plan on that being viable long term either.

The EPA can and will go after those providing software and hardware. They can be subject to fines of 25k per instance, and 40k a day for each day a vehicle has been using it for a defeat device.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just had to get rid of the ap and go with ecutek tune from my pro tuner because the cobb doesn't support my mods now. Tgv, egr. I'm not sure about your situation but I have a full exhaust as well. All I know is when I did my egr, and tgv deletes I had to switch my tune.

·
Super Moderator
12,411 Posts
I just had to get rid of the ap and go with ecutek tune from my pro tuner because the cobb doesn't support my mods now. Tgv, egr. I'm not sure about your situation but I have a full exhaust as well. All I know is when I did my egr, and tgv deletes I had to switch my tune.
I'm warning all of you ahead of time.

Those are every bit as illegal as the Cobb stuff was. They will be right behind Cobb when the fines start rolling in

1 - 8 of 8 Posts