ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wanted a thread for the tucson people! Mainly to find out who belongs to some of the WRX i have seen!

Right now im wrxless but will have one nov-dec-ish.

Ive seen a PSM WRX dont know if was a 02-30 or a 04-05 at the Pinacle Heights Apts up in NE Area, and also a 2004 WRX Wagon Either PSM or DQM at the $3 movies on Kolb and Speedway. Ive also seen a Blue 2001 2.5RS somehwere on Kolb. Oh and also a WRB 2002-04 WRX at Proper Scientific or something like that...its off S. Aveleron(sp).

So for all the other Tucsonians if these are your cars speak up, and if now. what area of Tucs you live in and what model year of ride you have?

Its Nuts ive seen so few WRX Around here and ive been here 2 weeks!

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
I'm sort of moved in down there (still in Phoenix area right now) and I've seen a few. I'm in the River & Swan area...

I look forward to seeing more Rex's when I move down for good in about a week.

:D

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm...Im by Speedway and Kolb Alot...Might be moving into Apts somewhere alond E. Speedway in the next few months after i get my job.

Ill be lookin out for ya...Im wrexless right now though!

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can't miss mine, its the WRB '02 WRX thats missing the front end. It's been of the road for a while but expect too see it again in the next few months. Usually around the Oracle and River area.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Another Tucson WRX

Hey I've lived here all my life & have a JBP 2004 Wagon 5MT. I live up in Oro Valley but drive all over Tucson. Here is a pic so you will know when you see me.

J.D.

By the way we own Auto Executives & the way I heard about the WRX is I sold one to a guy & was so impressed that I decided to sell my 4 Runner & get one for my self:wiggles:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
WRX Payback said:
J.D.

Love the rims. What are they? Size? Also, what springs are you using?

Since we are posting pics, here's mine:

It is a little dark, but I think you guys will get the idea.
I am using the TEIN H Techs with the ADR GT Sport 18"s.

I love the set up. I am not to crazy about my tires. They are Nankangs & next time I will get a better quality stickier tire.

J.D.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I wish we had a weekly car show/get together in Tucson. Sometimes I go to Phoenix & there is one every Saturday at the Scottsdale Pavillions & another at the corner of Stapley & Baseline. Tons of nice imports & quite a few WRX's.

I was thinking the perfect place would be that new huge parking lot up at 1-10 & Cortaro Farms Rd.where Kohls is. It's in Marana & kind of far but very similar to the Phoenix shows lots.

I'm just not sure how to start one of these & how to let people know about it.

If there is anything like this in Tucson now, let me know.

J.D.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It is not weekly but there is a car show in the Little Anthony's Diner parking lot over on the East side of town. I think it is Broadway and Wilmot area, been awhile since I have been down there. I think they have the show once a month.

Here is the information, according to the page they are also open to hosting other shows.

Little Anthony's Diner

-the_bear

·
Registered
14 Posts
WRX Payback said:
A weekly or monthly show would be great. Probably monthly to start. You might want to try posting on nasioc; a lot of Tucson people there as well.
Most of us go out and abuse our cars on Fridays and/or Saturdays.

You'll usually find me on Mt. Lemmon or out by Gates Pass on those days.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There are Fun dirt roads where S.Wilmont ends...past the Prisons. the main packed road is pretty straigh, but there are lil side roads that are pretty loose and twisty. I dont know if any of you do dirt road driving...I know I will with My Subie!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts