Subaru WRX Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: Re: Re: N2O or NO2?

Whoops,

I was quoting somebody that I thought knew what they were talking about. I guess that's the ion number? :confused:

I'm a mechanical engineer, not a chemist.

Oh well, It's N2O, nitrous oxide.

-Jim

WRXed said:

Actually, the valence for O is -2, and N has many variations. Two possible reactions to make N2O are:
Rod

·
Registered
86 Posts
All my NOS experience has been on small/big block chevys and fords. I maybe talking out of my a$$ on a 4 cylinder motors. I agree with PlatinumWRX that a wet system is the way to go, but most wet systems have a solenoid for fuel and one for NOS. You can get away with a 75 shot on a dry system, but 75hp is nothing on a V8. If you are going to build a NOS motor and spend the money, why would you limit yourself to 75HP? Rule number one: LEARN HOW TO READ YOUR PLUGS!!! I'm not talking about just pulling them out a inspecting with your naked eye. You need some kinda magnifying tool to search for those little speck of metal (detonation) on the plug and to look to other bad news.
Second you should have the means to link to your cars computer to see what it's doing. My friend has a 96 transam, he got the 75 dry shot system, he ran no quicker on the bottle then without. The reason was that the cars PCM picked up a knock at retarded the timing to save the motor. He didn't know that his computer was doing this so he added a bigger shot thinking that the 75 was not enough. Well you can imagine what happen next, bye bye number 1 cylinder. He leaned the motor out and burned up number 1. Last... take it in steps. if your goal is a 150 shot, start with 50. Make a few runs then read your plugs to see if your fat or lean on your mixture. Oh and DON'T watch Fast and Furious to learn about NAAAAWWWSS, it's just a movie and they are idiots! Oh one more ... and sneeky petes are a joke..

Dan

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good point!! I always wanted to pump a little N20 into my RC truck, hmmm 2 stroke nitro fuel.....boommmmmm! This is almost worth trying:) I would sound like stepping on my cats tail! I wonder how many fools out there have died from trying to get high on auto N20? Hello...it's not the same as the medical grade!

·
Registered
58 Posts
REVINREX said:
What i will do is put a 250 shot of dry nos in my 2002 WRX and run the 1/4 mile and hit that butten and for the few secounds the car will fly and then blow up hey few secoun ds is worth it right?LOL!!!
Now what was the point of your post? Ohh I got it now. Your just trying to increase your post count. Thanks for the great knowledge and information you have. I think any dumb a** would know that a 250 shot with no other mods would probably destroy most rides.. Please drive through..

·
Banned
12,178 Posts
People, Do some research on things before you talk about them. All you do is make yourself look stupid to the people that understand the product they are talking about..

I think any dumb a** would know that a 250 shot with no other mods would probably destroy most rides.. Please drive through..
take it easy tough guy. this is a board that doesn't react well to flames. so you can be a nice person and help, or you can be a dick, and start making enemies.

thanks for all the N2O info. very helpful.

dR

·
Registered
1 Posts
RE- The Nitrous Oxide Debate, replayed itself over-and-over 22+yrs.

gotcha ;)
In any event, Forced induction and nitrous also work well together. It's like a liquid IC plus boost in a bottle.

There are several people running dry kits on 'stock' (less exhaust stuff) running deep 12's. It's a very cheap mod. Personally having been there, I like all the time power myself. Nothing like more boost! :D
Without getting into the technical debates (when,where,how much,engine setups,etc)
And, as far as saying: "Nitrous Oxide and High-Boost/High-Compression Engines is a NO-NO !!!": If you are not using E85, I can see the obvious argument, but on the track and/or with 110+ octane RACING FUELS- why not???? As long as the engine internals have been sufficiently upgraded to handle the Extra HP and low end torque....

Anyway, just for fun, and some history... VIP HISTORICAL NOTE- Nitrous Oxide with Centrifugal Turbo-Supercharging(HAS WORKED VERY WELL SINCE WWII, I am also FAA A&P Maintenance Technician(since 1992). And, N20 was used on 2000+HP Centrifugal Supercharged 12 cylinder MONSTER POWER-PLANTS- and please!!!! tell me you know the name(s) of those fighters......
AND, OFF TOPIC: Here is the most powerful aviation turbo-fan: Testing the new GE-90 Engine..... It can ingest 4.5 TONS OF WATER PER MINUTE - AND STILL CONTINUE TO RUN !!!!! Can you imagine that? They used to use the live chicken(s) test.
Testing the new GE-90 Engine - YouTube

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
30,429 Posts
Without getting into the technical debates (when,where,how much,engine setups,etc)
Don't worry, the OP hasn't been active on the forum in roughly 5 years.

Anyway, just for fun, and some history... VIP HISTORICAL NOTE- Nitrous Oxide with Centrifugal Turbo-Supercharging(HAS WORKED VERY WELL SINCE WWII, I am also FAA A&P Maintenance Technician(since 1992). And, N20 was used on 2000+HP Centrifugal Supercharged 12 cylinder MONSTER POWER-PLANTS- and please!!!! tell me you know the name(s) of those fighters......
Well, there was the Messerschmitt Bf 109E/Z with a supercharged V12, and the Focke-Wulf TA 152. Both used the Göring Mischung 1 Ha-Ha gas injection setup. I think there is only one TA 152 still around, somewhere on the east coast of the US or something. I don't know about surviving N20 injected BF109s. I bet the Hispano planes are still around (maybe the ones used in filming in the late 60s?) but I don't know to what German model their engines would correspond.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
30,429 Posts
And I don't know whether any Reggiane or Macchi fighters used N20 supercharged V12s. The DB10x engines were available but I don't know whether the GM-1 was ever licensed out.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.