Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,248 Posts
PlatinumWRX said:
Four cylinders of the high performance variety make their power one of three ways: high compression, turbocharging, or supercharging. None of these three are compatible and shouldn't be used at the same time.
that's BS. Where do you get this stuff? The key most 4 cylinders use for power is Revs, and FI. High compression and nitrous work WELL together.

In my expert opinion as a mechanical engineer, the only safe nitrous is wet nitrous. This system consists of a fuel/nitrous MIXED injection immediately above the intake valve of each cylinder. The N2O can also be introduced into the fuel system using the stock fuel system, as long as the injectors are big enough and the static fuel pressure is high enough. If you are 17 years old and think a dry nitrous system is your ticket to a 12 second daily driver, you WILL have to rebuild your motor if you spray even twice a month.
[/B]
Nope, dry systems are perfectly safe with a small shot (75 and under). Have you used nitrous before? It's actually quite simple and easy. I used to spray every other day or so. No biggie.

I do agree that a lot of people don't know nitrous that well and you CAN blow things up easily. The key is to start small (ie 50shot) and work your way up and monitor the results each time (plugs, a/f, egt, etc).

-C

· Registered
1,248 Posts
PlatinumWRX said:
TypeC,

Is the word nitrous in that sentence?

-Jim
gotcha ;)
In any event, Forced induction and nitrous also work well together. It's like a liquid IC plus boost in a bottle.

There are several people running dry kits on 'stock' (less exhaust stuff) running deep 12's. It's a very cheap mod. Personally having been there, I like all the time power myself. Nothing like more boost! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.