Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2)
These gases form when fuel is burned at high temperatures, and come principally from motor vehicle exhaust and stationary sources such as electric utilities and industrial boilers.

I have used a NOS(nitrous oxide systems) direct port set up before on my Acura. It is expensive, but you get what you pay for. I also used a Jacobs Mastermind progressive controller. This allows you to control you "shot". I used it to control front wheel spin on launches. It quickly opens and close the solenoids(fuel/N20) and allows you to adjust the rate of injection. I used it because of this and the fact I did not want to destroy my daily driver. Another safety measure that can be used is from MSD is called a window switch. It only allows activation of your set up from certain rpms with "pills". They look like small yellow fuses and are rated at different rpms. This is just a quick look at the direct port set up. I believe there is a good faq on the NOS web page.
John

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.