Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the baby to come. Only about 1 month left. My wife has been miserable the whole time, and I hate not being able to do anything to help her.

I'm really scared, right now. I'm not sure I'm ready to be a daddy. I'm not sure I'll be a good role model. Is this normal for expecting daddys? How many of you that have kids got a little (or even a lot) nervous when your first baby was almost here? One thing I'm REALLY not looking forward to is labor and delivery. Do the people that put out those pre-natal classes honestly think that I'll be able to "coach" my wife? I'll probably be passed out on the floor! Gosh, this is an exciting time, but also very, very scary. I wish it were over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,155 Posts
While I've no children of my own, I can say without a doubt that nobody is perfect. I think if you'll admit that to yourself and when you make a mistake readily admit it, that your child will grow up knowing that his/her dad, while not perfect, really loves and cares for him/her. I'm sure you've learned some things from your own parents about what does and doesn't work. Just make sure you do the best you can and always be willing to learn from your mistakes. You and your wife (along with soon-to-be newborn) are in my prayers.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
1,379 Posts
Reminds me of hide-and-go-seek:

"ready or not, here I come!"

I think you'll do great, Junaitari- nobody's perfect, but from my experience with you, you're probably more mature than 4/5ths of the new parents out there. Think long term, listen to the old timers, and sleep when you can. :D Good luck to you and the little lady!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone. I did learn a lot from my dad. I really respect and look up to him. I (at least when I look at myself) fall short when compared to my pop. Hopefully I'm just being hard on myself and my son (It's a boy) will do the same to me. Just those first time father fears. I want my boy to be my best little buddy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
natural

Is your lady doing this thing natural? I mean no drugs? Because that means more drugs for you, which you'll need.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She has 0 tolerance for pain. She plans on asking for an intrathecal if it's not too late.


By the way, how would I get the pain meds?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
980 Posts
i bet the baby will be a rally driver since im sure they experienced a ton of g forces while riding in your car ;)

chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
I'm not a parent myself, but I see your worries as a good sign. You should be worried you're not going to be a "good" parent if you're not worrying at all. Besides, there has to be more than one way of raising a kid:D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,275 Posts
junaitari said:
For the baby to come. Only about 1 month left. My wife has been miserable the whole time, and I hate not being able to do anything to help her.

I'm really scared, right now. I'm not sure I'm ready to be a daddy. I'm not sure I'll be a good role model. Is this normal for expecting daddys? How many of you that have kids got a little (or even a lot) nervous when your first baby was almost here? One thing I'm REALLY not looking forward to is labor and delivery. Do the people that put out those pre-natal classes honestly think that I'll be able to "coach" my wife? I'll probably be passed out on the floor! Gosh, this is an exciting time, but also very, very scary. I wish it were over.
How old are you? Did you want the baby oringially?
Congrats!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Heh. I had all those same thoughts one month a while ago when my girlfriend was late. Nothing scarier then being 16 and thinking you're going to have a kid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fengshui said:
i bet the baby will be a rally driver since im sure they experienced a ton of g forces while riding in your car ;)

chris

:D :D :D

He'll probably be my co-driver until he's old enough to drive.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Re: The time is drawing near...

WRX>MUSTANG said:

How old are you? Did you want the baby oringially?
Congrats!

I'm 24 and yes, we planned it.



Heh. I had all those same thoughts one month a while ago when my girlfriend was late. Nothing scarier then being 16 and thinking you're going to have a kid.

Been there, done that (not with the same woman). I think that was even scarier than this, because my wife and I planned this baby.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top