Subaru WRX Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Jtek said:

Does anyone know if the mitsu Lancer Evo is really coming here?

Yes the EVO will come to North America(Canada is starting to have Mitsubishis officially starting Sept 2002) in Jan 2003. Mitsubishi of Japan already confirmed this. Exactly how detuned it will be is still iffy. Without a doubt, it'll have a smaller FMIC and lower boost due to the smaller IC and lower octane availability. The active center diff might/might not make it.

2,457 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: The term "rex" and other WRX questions...

Jtek said:

is your boss a frickin weirdo with a red top hat? Are there midgets running around with mad face paint?

no....

....but if you find a golden ticket on a chocolate bar, you'll get a free tour of the factory :D

· Registered
825 Posts
Re: Re: The term "rex" and other WRX questions...

TypeC said:

Simple put, REX=RX.

RX7
CRX
WRX

All called "rex's." Even though, when reading it looks like the same amount of letters (so you might say, "what's the point?"), it's made to be pronounced more easily. "Double You Are Ex" or "WREX." See what I mean? Rex is a lot easier to say, and sometimes we just write it like we say it. Make sense?
Hmm.. so how about when we call subaru's scoobies? How about because we call subies - scoobies, we then call our wrx - rex cause scoobie is a dog and rex is the name.:D

· Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The term "rex" and other WRX questions...

Penguinking said:

no....

....but if you find a golden ticket on a chocolate bar, you'll get a free tour of the factory :D
Dood, if i found a golden ticket in my chocolate bar, ide be like "h*lls no, dem midgets did NOT just swindle me 1/8 of an inch of chocolate to fit this S**T in here!

· Registered
512 Posts
I also do not like hearing the term 'rex' for the car, hell I still call it an Impreza (suprise....you all thought you were driving a new car in the WRX but it's a lowly Impreza. And scoobie is just plain silly as well. It's just like parents giving a kid a name and shortening the name to something else, dammit, just name your kids what you want them to be called, and refer to your car by it's title (unless you choose to crison your Subaru Impreza WRX with it's own name, keep in mind that 'rex' is taken so you will need to use a last name if you choose to call your car 'rex'.

Don't ever call my car a rex for crying out loud.

P.S.
I like chocolate.

:p

· Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
glepko said:
I also do not like hearing the term 'rex' for the car, hell I still call it an Impreza (suprise....you all thought you were driving a new car in the WRX but it's a lowly Impreza. And scoobie is just plain silly as well. It's just like parents giving a kid a name and shortening the name to something else, dammit, just name your kids what you want them to be called, and refer to your car by it's title (unless you choose to crison your Subaru Impreza WRX with it's own name, keep in mind that 'rex' is taken so you will need to use a last name if you choose to call your car 'rex'.

Don't ever call my car a rex for crying out loud.

P.S.
I like chocolate.

:p
Scoobie In-Pretzel Doobee R-Rex

...ill call mine Mrs. WRX, actually that sounds like an old lady: Ms. WRX! :)

· Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Mountain_Man said:
I've got a question...why the hell do they make this car in an automatic..........sad really..........
Hmmm, good question...Mitsubishi never made an auto EVO until recently with the EVO VII GTA. My question is why do they make this car(Impreza Turbo or Impreza WRX if you like) with a syncro box..........I want a sequential or at least a dog box damn it !!! I guess I'll have to wait for Prodrive to release their long awaited sequential for road and rally but streetable cars. Of course, they'd also probably make a fly by wire throttle control as well.

· Registered
3,956 Posts
Hmm, EVO VIII, isn't that what is supposed to come over here. Atleast I heard the EVO VII would be called the VIII when it gets here, I gues now it will actually be an EVO VIII. Can't wait to see it.

Hopefully they will do a special or something on it for the rally on the Speed channel. Plus I hope they get a new anouncer, the new guy sucks. I can barely stand to watch it now, he puts me to sleep at 11:00 pm, he sounds like he should be doing nascar. GET THE OLD GUY BACK!!

· Registered
3,068 Posts
wrxinthehouse said:
Type C is my daddy. It says so above his avatar and he just called me son. :D
ROTFLOL!!!! Oh my, that is too funny!

Could make the splash page similar to my avatar.;)

· Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I don't think a road going VIII is going to be much different from the VII....probably some minor changes, especially given that it's a new platform they are tweaking unlike the previous Lancer than they've kept all along and tweaked it to death.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.