Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off, I am begining to feel kind of funny saying "REX". So im going to start saying WRX 100% of the time. Who else thinks its kind of silly? ah well...

Has anyone noticed the WRX wagon lacks the muscular fender bulges the sedan has?

Is there any new info on the upcoming STI? is there even going to be one? How bout an STI wagon :) ?

Im planning to buy a WRX soon, do you think they are going to up the price rediculously the next coming year? Would it be better to get the STI (if it were coming out) for a little more? How has the WRX experience been? I looked in the used car ads and there NO used WRX for sale...i can only guess this car is pure magic (either that or it comes with free columbian coffee in the trunk, good for refills).

Who likes chocolate?

Does anyone know if the mitsu Lancer Evo is really coming here?

And last, if i wanted to buy a WRX, should i buy aftermarket parts if i wanted to upgrade to the multispoke 17' wheels and short shifter (i have no qualms with installing my own parts unless the shortshifter is cable actuated) ?

Thanx for your time.
-Jae-

Oh, and one more thing, any ideas for the next splash?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yes the wagons don't have the flared fenders and they also have a softer rear antiroll bar which apparently makes them more prone to understeer.

I don't think the prices will change much for 2003, because the car is not going to change much. But right now is the end of the model year so the dealers seem to be dropping prices on the remaining 2002s.

I have the factory short shift kit and it works great. I have not tried any of the aftermarket shift kits.

As far as the optional 17" multi-spoke wheels, I'm pretty sure you can get the same exact BBS wheels at Tire Rack for less than half what the dealer will charge. The 17" 5-spoke wheels are no bargain either.

·
Registered
473 Posts
OH yeah splash ideas:

A real "splash" with Mäkinen or Solberg blasting through a water crossing. :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Jtek said:
First off, I am begining to feel kind of funny saying "REX". So im going to start saying WRX 100% of the time. Who else thinks its kind of silly? ah well...
Simple put, REX=RX.

RX7
CRX
WRX

All called "rex's." Even though, when reading it looks like the same amount of letters (so you might say, "what's the point?"), it's made to be pronounced more easily. "Double You Are Ex" or "WREX." See what I mean? Rex is a lot easier to say, and sometimes we just write it like we say it. Make sense?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Do you have A.D.D, 'cause that's a lot of questions son. I like the splash page, I second the notion of some sort of action shot (like the rally car going through a puddle) for the next one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The optional 17" Subaru BBS wheels are NOT available through Tirerack. They are about $2K a set no matter where you find them. BBS does offer a similar wheel...the RK. The RK is a cast wheel, and can be had for $289 through Tirerack.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just wanted to jump in and say I want a STi wagon too.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Westside WRX said:
The optional 17" Subaru BBS wheels are NOT available through Tirerack. They are about $2K a set no matter where you find them. BBS does offer a similar wheel...the RK. The RK is a cast wheel, and can be had for $289 through Tirerack.
The RK is a much better looking wheel IMO anyway.

·
Registered
679 Posts
wrxinthehouse said:

The RK is a much better looking wheel IMO anyway.
NO way!! Have you seen both in person?

I too liked the RK, but after seeing it in person, I don't like it. The Forged BBS subaru option not only has the perfect +53 offset, but they look good!

But we all have our own opinions. What I wouldn't do for some LE-37's. Mmmm. Damn this "money" concept!

·
Registered
785 Posts
TypeC said:

NO way!! Have you seen both in person?

I too liked the RK, but after seeing it in person, I don't like it. The Forged BBS subaru option not only has the perfect +53 offset, but they look good!

But we all have our own opinions. What I wouldn't do for some LE-37's. Mmmm. Damn this "money" concept!
I saw the RK on a WRX that had the factory body kit (underspoilers), and it looked great. I've also seen the factory ones and I just like the RKs better. 3k is too much for rims + tires.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK...i just looked at the RK's at Tirerack.com and they hold very little resemblance to the factory 17's (IMO). It appears the spokes are slightly longer protruding from the center axis which makes it look cheap.

"zesty" !

Just how much are the factory BBS's? And whats the deal with the buy tires from somewhere else? How the frick are you supposed to drive the car out of the lot? ...mysteries of the universe...!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Re: Re: The term "rex" and other WRX questions...

thechickencow said:

I work in a chocolate factory!
is your boss a frickin weirdo with a red top hat? Are there midgets running around with mad face paint?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts